• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Just got back. Thought Arnold did a great job reprising his role, and really glad he did while he is still able to. I also thought the film was entertaining and engaging and did justice to the franchise. I liked it a lot more than the last. Really don't get all the hate, but going in with lowered expectations, can be a good thing.

There were of course, unplausible moments, esp.

original arnold metal skeleton getting through time portal

, but nothing majorly detracting, IMO.

by the way, did everyone know there was an after credit scene?

everyone seems to be following marvel's lead. I was stalled by chance, and never would have waited, but surprised to see genesis/skynet still around with newer time travel portel? at the post credit scene

Just got back. Thought Arnold did a great job reprising his role, and really glad he did while he is still able to. I also thought the film was entertaining and engaging and did justice to the franchise. I liked it a lot more than the last. Really don't get all the hate, but going in with lowered expectations, can be a good thing.

There were of course, unplausible moments, esp.

original arnold metal skeleton getting through time portal

, but nothing majorly detracting, IMO.

by the way, did everyone know there was an after credit scene?

everyone seems to be following marvel's lead. I was stalled by chance, and never would have waited, but surprised to see genesis/skynet still around with newer time travel portel? at the post credit scene

I have found that if you go to a film's Wikipedia page and scroll to the bottom of the Plot section, there is a good chance of finding the words "After the credits…" if the movie has an after credits scene. I just focus on seeing just those words, or some version of, and keep from reading the rest so not to ruin it.

If I was Skynet I would send back 100 T1000s and TXs etc and get the job done

Also since terminators have highly explosive batteries I would just instruct them if they get within 100 feet of the Connors just detonate.

Yup

Also since terminators have highly explosive batteries I would just instruct them if they get within 100 feet of the Connors just detonate.

Yup

It has been a long time since I saw the movies, was it ever explained why that wasn't done by Skynet. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Yup

that would be a very short movie....i mean like maybe at most 10 to 15 mins....starting from opening credits, conners about to get blown up, maybe a few last words, big explosion, and then end credits....i would probably watch it though.

Pretty disappointing overall. More like a TV episode of the Sarah Connor chronicles than a movie. The John Connor character just didn't look or act like a John Connor.

Turning him into a villain was TV show city

Pretty disappointing overall. More like a TV episode of the Sarah Connor chronicles than a movie. The John Connor character just didn't look or act like a John Connor.

What surprises me is how this one is getting worst reviews than Salvation! :o

They maybe should have stopped after the second Terminator movie with Cameron.

Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 are great movies, so at least they got that.

All the rest are money grabs to keep the Terminator merchandising sales going.

What surprises me is how this one is getting worst reviews than Salvation! :o

They maybe should have stopped after the second Terminator movie with Cameron.

Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 are great movies, so at least they got that.

All the rest are money grabs to keep the Terminator merchandising sales going.

Salvation despite its problems stayed with the general concept set up in the first three films. Genysis essentially has actions in 4 periods, leaves stuff unexplained, asks you to drastically look at the timeline differently, terrible acting, and sacrifices action for a lower rating. Can't wait for Cameron to get the rights back

I actually liked the tv show.

+1

+1

+ .....

I still have the Season One DVD set.