• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Holy!!! :o

I know.

:o:o:o

Talk about 'Be nice to China, and she will be nice to you' success.(worship)

But, it's like Stallone said in the Rambo III featurette on the series international success, "Keep the dialogue minimal, the action maximized". (tsk)

lol

Wiser words.

:applause:

Holy!!! :o

I know.

:o:o:o

Talk about 'Be nice to China, and she will be nice to you' success.(worship)

But, it's like Stallone said in the Rambo III featurette on the series international success, "Keep the dialogue minimal, the action maximized". (tsk)

lol

Wiser words.

:applause:

How the hell did DREDD not succeed outside of the states then? Too much dialog? :facepalm:

How the hell did DREDD not succeed outside of the states then? Too much dialog? :facepalm:

lol

That and...

1) Not taking his helmet off. Let's face it, half of us only went to see the Stallone movie so we could complain about him taking his helmet off.

2) No "comedy" sidekick.

3) No Armand Assante.

p16918_p_v7_ae.jpg

Although it has slowed down, the increase in box office results are positive.

lQrFpuk.png

O0JBry1.png

The strength of the International Box Office. What a success story!

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding bad, but in the King Kong (1933) doc, they explained how they started making more spectacle in their pictures (little words, more boom/wow) to draw in the surging amount of immigrants in the 20's-30's in America who could not speak English. I often look at a dumb Transformer movie as too simple. overlooking the fact it has to translate into many languages through dialogue and imagery.

Terminator Franchise Reportedly On Hold Indefinitely

After the reboot Terminator: Genisys drastically underperformed this summer, it seems the franchise is once again on the backburner. David Ellison and Skydance Productions at one time had two sequels and a TV program in development for the series, THR reports, but now that universe is "on hold indefinitely."

Ellison successfully helped fund World War Z, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, and True Grit, but tried to take a more creative role in Terminator. While his vision of a full universe of products was supported by Paramount, THR says he "wasn't listening to anybody" when it came to actually developing it, which ultimately led to the failure of the reboot.

After the reboot Terminator: Genisys drastically underperformed this summer, it seems the franchise is once again on the backburner. David Ellison and Skydance Productions at one time had two sequels and a TV program in development for the series, THR reports, but now that universe is "on hold indefinitely."

Ellison successfully helped fund World War Z, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, and True Grit, but tried to take a more creative role in Terminator. While his vision of a full universe of products was supported by Paramount, THR says he "wasn't listening to anybody" when it came to actually developing it, which ultimately led to the failure of the reboot.

I'm really hoping this franchise is now Terminated.

I'm really hoping this franchise is now Terminated.
I figure since it's still doing pretty well overseas, it will eventually be produced by an international film company for a 1/3 of the budget Hollywood spends to make these. You know, the ones that still churn out Ghost Riders and Resident Evils. I figure since they can always connect Cameron to these, one will be made to capitalize on that, even if it is sans Ahnold.

Skydance Re-Adjusting Plans For Terminator Franchise

While speaking at The Wrap’s annual media leadership conference, TheGrill, Skydance Media‘s chief creative officer Dana Goldberg discussed the future of The Terminator as a franchise. “I wouldn’t say [plans are] on hold,” she said. “So much as re-adjusting.”

After obtaining the rights in collaboration with Annapurna Pictures, the company quickly put Terminator: Genisys into production. It was met with a tepid response in the US, but did fair business overseas. “We’re ultimately happy with overall worldwide numbers. Do I wish we would have done better domestically? Absolutely,” she said. She noted domestic box office does not carry the importance it once did, but “we’re not taking the domestic number lightly.” At the same time, the company is committed to playing to a “worldwide market.”

“We are not going to begin production at the beginning of next year,” she said, citing plans to conduct a “worldwide study” to learn what audiences want from the series. “It would be silly to not have to worry about what audiences have to say,” she continued.

Domestic: $89,760,956 (20.4%)

Foreign: $350,400,000 (79.6%)

Worldwide: $440,160,956

Finally saw it. Enjoyed it. Best way to put it.....“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but ‘actually’ from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… time-y wimey… stuff.” – The Doctor.

Watched it fo the first time flying from Atlanta to Salt Lake City this past weekend-I enjoyed it very much. Kdog quoted a great description above :headbang:

:banana: Chris

I just watched this last night & it was surprisingly OK. I wasn't super happy that the trailers essentially spoiled the big twist & avoided it in the theater as a result (plus the whole Jai Courtney being the poor man's Tom Hardy thing, who I don't much care for to begin with, much less his knock-off version) but it did play with time travel in a way that was creative & similar to how Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles did, which I really enjoyed.