• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Is there any possibility that Marvel, I mean Sony, are looking at this phenomenal popularity of Spider Gwen and devising a way to get her into the next Spider Man movie? Perhaps it will even be a Spider Verse related movie? What do you think?

In a word. No.

-J.

I agree. a few years down the line..if she's still relevant, then I'd say they might consider it. But movies are a very very large financial risk, so they tend to prefer established franchises that have demonstrated they have staying power.

Not a dig on the character, just my thoughts.

Sure. Huge risk. With a character blowing up, hundred of thousands of fans within little more than 6 months, cos players, millions of dollars spent on properties - an investment of a 100 mil on a failed comic line from the 90s is more promising

Both are stretches. :insane:

But some boardies on here have a pretty strong financial investment on this book. hm

I don't want to say anything about Valiant because I don't want to see another thread on it. lol

Same as Spider-Gwen some of you are just plain dreaming. In a few years maybe if its sustainable. A cartoon would be first I would think anyway.

Is there any possibility that Marvel, I mean Sony, are looking at this phenomenal popularity of Spider Gwen and devising a way to get her into the next Spider Man movie? Perhaps it will even be a Spider Verse related movie? What do you think?

In a word. No.

-J.

I agree. a few years down the line..if she's still relevant, then I'd say they might consider it. But movies are a very very large financial risk, so they tend to prefer established franchises that have demonstrated they have staying power.

Sure. Huge risk. With a character blowing up, hundred of thousands of fans within little more than 6 months, cos players, millions of dollars spent on properties - an investment of a 100 mil on a failed comic line from the 90s is more promising

But some boardies on here have a pretty strong financial investment on this book. hm

I don't want to say anything about Valiant because I don't want to see another thread on it. lol

Same as Spider-Gwen some of you are just plain dreaming. In a few years maybe if its sustainable. A cartoon would be first I would think anyway.

I make great money from Spider-Gwen. This is the only modern book that I invest in without having to think that "it may not work if this doesnt get optioned". Period.

No other new character generated more money for comic book retailers in the past few years without having the option cloud above them.

Do I wanna see Spider Gwen in a movie? not necessarily

Would it make sense for Marvel/Sony to make a movie from this character now?

ABSOLUTELY

In a word. No.

-J.

+1

-J.

For the most part Spider-Gwen is for an entirely new customer base.

The book sold like mad in my shop today to new faces.

I asked what they liked about Gwen. Why Gwen. ( even I'm amazed )

#1 She's new

#2 She looks cool

#3 You DON'T have to know about all the other Marvels.

These are NEW customers.

They'll stay interested, or they won't.

Sometimes it's hard to see the ground floor, even when you're standing on it.

In a word. No.

-J.

I make great money from Spider-Gwen. This is the only modern book that I invest in without having to think that "it may not work if this doesnt get optioned". Period.

No other new character generated more money for comic book retailers in the past few years without having the option cloud above them.

Do I wanna see Spider Gwen in a movie? not necessarily

Would it make sense for Marvel/Sony to make a movie from this character now?

ABSOLUTELY

A 2-second Spider-Gwen cameo at the end of one of these movies would probably bust this book wide open and even drive some folks here into sheer hysteria!

It would cost Marvel/Disney/Sony next-to-nothing but then they'd know for sure whether to risk a full movie on her.

I'll be picking up some covers when the prices hit the floor, they really are sweet looking but there's no way I'm buying anything right now. I got SG#2 1:25 yesterday from my lcs(thankfully some places aren't asking so much), it really is a beautiful cover.

0V8hEpr.jpg

when do you think the SG prices will crash and hit the floor.

Most variants bottom out pretty quick, the phantom is down to about a third of what it was pre-selling for. It's hard to say what the floor will ultimately be, but patience pays.

I'll be picking up some covers when the prices hit the floor, they really are sweet looking but there's no way I'm buying anything right now. I got SG#2 1:25 yesterday from my lcs(thankfully some places aren't asking so much), it really is a beautiful cover.

0V8hEpr.jpg

Most variants bottom out pretty quick, the phantom is down to about a third of what it was pre-selling for. It's hard to say what the floor will ultimately be, but patience pays.

Phantom started pre-selling online for $5.99-$10

It's down to a third of that!?

Really.

0V8hEpr.jpg

Really.

It's a third of the pre-sale ceiling.

0V8hEpr.jpg

Really.

Where was it pre-selling for $75-$90???

Because it's been selling at an easy $25-$30 quite consistently on Ebay for weeks.

0V8hEpr.jpg

Really.

Where was it pre-selling for $75-$90???

Because it's been selling at an easy $25-$30 quite consistently on Ebay for weeks.

True dat!

Some speculators might have a bone to pick with what they purchased Gwen Phantom for..

Fans won't.

The cover is awesome!

Lx4bnFI.png

I do this because I love it!

I do it for fun.

I love this cover.

If it's ultimately worth a nickel, I "STILL" love it..

Haters gonna hate.

Larry's gonna "spec U late"

Edited by LarrysComics

I never speculated on a book ever in my life. Until this variant of this book. It was just all that.

But if anyone got caught with a $75 raw S-G Phantom and are now bemoaning that they can't get more than $50 for it.... that's just odd.

I never speculated on a book ever in my life. Until this variant of this book. It was just all that.

But if anyone got caught with a $75 raw S-G Phantom and are now bemoaning that they can't get more than $50 for it.... that's just odd.

The market for a raw was "NEVER" $75

Median pre-sale market was $19

Median current price is $23

WHY are your panties bunched?

Edited by LarrysComics

I only used the phantom cover as an example because of the amount of pre-sales and where it sits in the market now. I guess it didn't hit the $75 I thought it did, my mistake. It wasn't a jab at it or anything, I always loved the cover and bought my copies around the 3rd sell out. Homage covers are a big part of my collection. And I still stand by my statement that a lot of the SG variants will drop to a point that I'm more comfortable buying the covers I want in my collection.

I only used the phantom cover as an example because of the amount of pre-sales and where it sits in the market now. I guess it didn't hit the $75 I thought it did, my mistake. It wasn't a jab at it or anything, I always loved the cover and bought my copies around the 3rd sell out. Homage covers are a big part of my collection. And I still stand by my statement that a lot of the SG variants will drop to a point that I'm more comfortable buying the covers I want in my collection.

You're barely articulate.

As am I.

Sleep tight sweet insufficiently_thoughtful_person...

Lx4bnFI.png