• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

This thread was the last place I expected to see complaints about the number of variants/printings of these books.

It seems Spider-Gwen inserts itself in the vein of a humorous/lighthearted comic, a sort of crossroads between a What If, Byrne’s She-Hulk and with less self-consideration (and gratuitious smartass "irony") than most modern books.

Not bad, but far away from what I expect a Marvel comic to be, especially considered it’s a What If – like they have done a thousand times in the last ten years. :shrug:

I think I paid $99 for a 9.8 Blue slab of it.

This was early on, so I haven't been watching it.

I always thought the 3rd print would catch fire, honestly.

Agreed, 100%. Surprised it hasn't actually with the alternate "design" cover and all.

Does anyone know the counts on the follow up printings?

Hey guys this is my first post to the boards i thought this was the best place to get some feedback. I started selling on ebay to support my cgc habits and started finally submitting myself the last year. I recently did a signing event with Adam Hughes at new jerseys best comic shop CONQUEST COMICS. 

I got tons of his store exclusive variants signed plus all of his best covers harley 1, wonderwomen 600 ect., tons of sketches even a double sided mirror of gwen/spider-gwen, a personalized to adam from adam and 4 1:100 spider-gwen 1s.( sent 30+ in to cgc)

The reason for my post has to do with the 1:100 Adam Hughes variant what does everyone think, would u keep a cgc ss 9.8 first day issue release label with a normal hughes signature or a regular cgc ss 9.8 with a head sketch of gwen+ signature with no 1st day label?? Hard choice im dealing with and i thought i would get some feedback from some real collectors. 

Heres some pics from the event Adam Hughes is awesome and none of this was possible without the amazing staff from conquest comics!!!!( pics r coming trying to figure out how to upload) lol i have posted in two wrong boards already i got sent here hopefully i found the right spot!!! And if anyone can help with adding pics im lost here!

Thanks,Adam

My 2c

I see absolutely no significance in a "CGC SS 9.8 First Day Issue Release" label. In my opinion, it's a stoopid gimmick that should add no weight to the desirability factor of a CGC slab.

I'd keep the remarked/sketched copy, no question about it.

My 2c

I see absolutely no significance in a "CGC SS 9.8 First Day Issue Release" label. In my opinion, it's a stoopid gimmick that should add no weight to the desirability factor of a CGC slab.

+1000. That is some serious nonsense right there.

so mine i got from the store on release day and get graded by CGC isn't a first day issue release...what if i include my receipt.

lol I still have the receipt from the 10 copies of EOSV #2 that I bought the first day, you could be on to something here hm

So really side tracking here, but is Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0 the first appearance or first cameo of spider-Gwen? I don't like the cameo thing, but that's just me. Thoughts?

So really side tracking here, but is Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0 the first appearance or first cameo of spider-Gwen? I don't like the cameo thing, but that's just me. Thoughts?

It's like the ms marvel kamala appearance. Marvel told the artists to put the characters there, so it's an appearance.