• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next CLINK auction is starting to stack up some interesting pieces

556 posts in this topic

The New Warriors #1 Pg2 from Bagley sold for $655. I figured it will sell at around $700. Fair price considering it's from issue 1 and the cover and most of the pages were burned in a house fire.

The New Warriors #1 Pg2 from Bagley sold for $655. I figured it will sell at around $700. Fair price considering it's from issue 1 and the cover and most of the pages were burned in a house fire.

That's probably what I'll do with it once I get it in the mail.

I messed up my snipe on that one or it would have gone at least a little higher. Good buy for whoever grabbed it.

That's probably what I'll do with it once I get it in the mail.

Then it can be reunited with its family in Comic Art Heaven™.

The risk is that there's Comic Art Reincarnation™ and it might come back as Rob Granito's sketch pad.

It's a chance you're gonna have to take. :wishluck:

I messed up my snipe on that one or it would have gone at least a little higher. Good buy for whoever grabbed it.

It seems the consensus I'm seeing is that some of the pieces would have gone for more but a lot of people missed out due to sniping or not having time to snipe. Sounds like Clink really really needs to look into the live auction delay. Could result in higher sales all around maybe.

It seems the consensus I'm seeing is that some of the pieces would have gone for more but a lot of people missed out due to sniping or not having time to snipe. Sounds like Clink really really needs to look into the live auction delay. Could result in higher sales all around maybe.

Yeah, I mean if there was something I really, really wanted I'd just bid my max with a minute or so left, but their system is a bit frustrating when you're just trying to impulse buy something at the very end.

The problem I had, with this auction, and the last one as well was that if you have the page of the item you want to bid on open you have to refresh it because it doesn't update itself. I thought I had won a piece because when it ended it told me I was still the highest bidder, but after I went to my list of bid on items it said I was outbid. Another problem is that when I bid I sometimes find out the piece has already increased and that my bid wasn't high enough even though my screen showed my bid was more than enough for the minimum amount. That doesn't leave much time to go back, and increase my bid accordingly. I don't think that in those final moments a person has time to constantly refresh to see where its at, and bid at the same time, I think Clink, should make it so that the bid amount updates itself to show what the current bid is without having to refresh, like on other auction sites. 2c

The system is a double edged sword.

My approach to bidding sometimes is to throw a bigger dollar amount than I'm somewhat comfortable paying, hoping to win it for a lot less, but then knowing I put forth my best offer with no regrets nor hatred towards snipers.

So if a piece is at $800 and I want it for $1,200, but can pay up to $2,000, I wait til the last 30 seconds or so (Internet hiccups have killed me before when I tried to be a sniper only for my bid not even go in on time) and cross my fingers that even if a sniper came in, theres not enough time for them to bid it up to exceed my high bid. Give it 100% with no regrets.

In that way, sometimes you get a better price than a traditional auction with the "going once, going twice" method. But you need the $ resources to back up that risky approach.

I read in a thread someone suggested a great idea where the auctions online end after 10 seconds of dormancy in bidding. That sounds fair.

As a seller, you always want to maximize the sale so it's always disheartening to hear interested bidding potential buyers get sniped knowing the piece for sale had greater $ potential.

...I think Clink, should make it so that the bid amount updates itself to show what the current bid is without having to refresh, like on other auction sites.

Or make a real commitment to 19th century IT and go back to mail bids only, earliest postmark on ties wins :)

The system is a double edged sword.

My approach to bidding sometimes is to throw a bigger dollar amount than I'm somewhat comfortable paying, hoping to win it for a lot less, but then knowing I put forth my best offer with no regrets nor hatred towards snipers.

So if a piece is at $800 and I want it for $1,200, but can pay up to $2,000, I wait til the last 30 seconds or so (Internet hiccups have killed me before when I tried to be a sniper only for my bid not even go in on time) and cross my fingers that even if a sniper came in, theres not enough time for them to bid it up to exceed my high bid. Give it 100% with no regrets.

In that way, sometimes you get a better price than a traditional auction with the "going once, going twice" method. But you need the $ resources to back up that risky approach.

I read in a thread someone suggested a great idea where the auctions online end after 10 seconds of dormancy in bidding. That sounds fair.

As a seller, you always want to maximize the sale so it's always disheartening to hear interested bidding potential buyers get sniped knowing the piece for sale had greater $ potential.

This is what I did last night. The item I got was at $350 for a few days and unchanged until last minute. I threw in a snipe almost triple that and figured I could have no regrets that way. I got it for half my max.

The problem I had, with this auction, and the last one as well was that if you have the page of the item you want to bid on open you have to refresh it because it doesn't update itself. I thought I had won a piece because when it ended it told me I was still the highest bidder, but after I went to my list of bid on items it said I was outbid. Another problem is that when I bid I sometimes find out the piece has already increased and that my bid wasn't high enough even though my screen showed my bid was more than enough for the minimum amount. That doesn't leave much time to go back, and increase my bid accordingly. I don't think that in those final moments a person has time to constantly refresh to see where its at, and bid at the same time, I think Clink, should make it so that the bid amount updates itself to show what the current bid is without having to refresh, like on other auction sites. 2c

I had the exact same problem. But, considering The Sniper waded in with a whopping 5 seconds to spare, I don't think I would have benefitted much from the extra foreknowledge.

Missed out on the only piece of note to me; a minor, very early Guice page going for over $800. Stunning price for a rookie page. The presence of the X-Men on the page might have made some difference, but still mildly irritating. :eek:

Spring Clink Featured auction has some pretty interesting stuff in their preview, too:

-Pollard ASM 194 page (1st Black Cat issue)

-Perez Avengers cover

-Starlin Avengers Annual #7 page

-Kubert B&B 43 page featuring Hawkman

-Kirby FF 92 cover

-Byrne FF 275 cover

-Brunner GS Manthing Howard the Duck splash (Awsome!)

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/preview.asp?code=2015may&itemtype=1