• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best snags of the year! Let's see your best pick-ups of 2014...

344 posts in this topic

This can be a single Item or group collection purchase of GA orig. art, comics or pulps, grade notwithstanding. The only parameters are that this has to be a single purchase, not a listing of all the cool items acquired at different times throughout the year. For instance, if you snatched up an original owner collection of GA comics or pulps, all would apply if purchased as a group. An auction win only applies for a single issue or lot. Also, if possible, indicate where, when and/or from whom you obtained your treasure.

Looks like a lot of folks don't follow the rules lol

Much thanks to long time board member Russ (Xavier Logan) on releasing this gem to me, so I could own a copy again. This arrived to me in January after a few friendly weeks of negotiations :)

I was told this came out of an OO "Wooden Trunk of Timelys" in Minnesota roughly 15 years ago. I believe this was the only non Timely in the batch. Such a mesmorizing cover.

02D238A5-7B38-4D76-987B-B79928B58687_zps6jshzryo.jpg

64ED323F-4D1D-483F-8D27-6C945DFC4488_zpspbumh8qn.jpg

Blue label and complete. A rarity for this issue and definitely nicer than the restored copy you used to have. Congratulations!

This is the lowest graded of the 19 Planets I bought this year, but I've always wanted a copy with deep colors, and without them, this cover totally greys out. Since my goal is to complete the set in grade with the deepest colors, this was a book I was willing to go all out to obtain. At multiples of guide, I was at my absolute unreasonable limit and yet still nearly didn't make it. So never mind the grade, enjoy the colors. The weird stuff at top left is a Heritage scanner artifact.

PlanetComics12CGC65_zpsf51fca1a.jpg

I picked up a few early Action Comics and my first GA Captain America (Cap 47) this year... However, this was the book I have wanted for a very long time.

Picked this up through the November Heritage Auction:

Batman20a.jpeg