• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Coin update

Bought $1122

Sold $356

Inventory $350-400

That tells me you are running your coin business as well as your comic business.

#1 priority? Consistency.

Done and done.

Gabe, you're very focused on buying and selling comics and coins despite your learning disabilities and clear lack of experience and aptitude; why?

I can make money with it and with coins there are so many grades to learn, for each coin it's a separate grading process, and so many fakes you need to learn to identify

I love the positive attitude. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Thanks

Roll the dice Gabe. Sell your sperm and your left lung and whatever else you can move and invest it all.

Even though that's a joke I won't sell what I need but that's because you haven't seen results yet.

... you've made a profit?!?!?! :o

No no, that's not it. Now that after being in the comic and coin flipping business for 2 1/2 years and showing a loss, he's getting his emotions in check and will turn things around.

That's correct and if it wasn't brought to my attention I would have kept going down that path so I'm thankful.

So who brought this to your attention?

Coin update

Bought $1122

Sold $356

Inventory $350-400

That tells me you are running your coin business as well as your comic business.

Done and done.

Gabe, you're very focused on buying and selling comics and coins despite your learning disabilities and clear lack of experience and aptitude; why?

I can make money with it and with coins there are so many grades to learn, for each coin it's a separate grading process, and so many fakes you need to learn to identify

Thanks

Roll the dice Gabe. Sell your sperm and your left lung and whatever else you can move and invest it all.

Even though that's a joke I won't sell what I need but that's because you haven't seen results yet.

No no, that's not it. Now that after being in the comic and coin flipping business for 2 1/2 years and showing a loss, he's getting his emotions in check and will turn things around.

That's correct and if it wasn't brought to my attention I would have kept going down that path so I'm thankful.

James and Revat, I know there was one more but I can't remember who.

Gabe, I'm not sure that getting your emotions in check is the main problem here. I like to think that I have my emotions in check, most of the time, but I would be pretty lousy at selling stocks, show ponies, or mineral rights because I don't know anything about them. How are you improving your market knowledge for comics and coins? If your main strategy is to keep coming to this thread and picking our brains that is not a good way to go about things.

Coin update

Bought $1122

Sold $356

Inventory $350-400

Done and done.

Thanks

I thought you had a professional counselor? So they are not helping you with your emotions, etc.?

Gabe, I'm not sure that getting your emotions in check is the main problem here. I like to think that I have my emotions in check, most of the time, but I would be pretty lousy at selling stocks, show ponies, or mineral rights because I don't know anything about them. How are you improving your market knowledge for comics and coins? If your main strategy is to keep coming to this thread and picking our brains that is not a good way to go about things.

Kind of the point I've been belaboring here. Getting his emotions in check is not going to improve his knowledge of the market, improve his memory or his business acumen.

But hey, he's doing this because he can make money doing it.

The heart wants what the heart wants (shrug)

I didn't come here to get attention. I came here to record my road to success and I don't really do coins anymore other than the market value of silver and the other precious metals. About comics and the market I look at the trends and prices before I buy, I now use the 90 day average to get a better idea of the comic instead of just using the last sale like before.

Coin update

Bought $1122

Sold $356

Inventory $350-400

Done and done.

Thanks

I thought you had a professional counselor? So they are not helping you with your emotions, etc.?

I do have a professional counselor and I ask for help if I get stuck or my emotions become too much, she told me to work on anger and patience.

Kind of the point I've been belaboring here. Getting his emotions in check is not going to improve his knowledge of the market, improve his memory or his business acumen.

But hey, he's doing this because he can make money doing it.

The heart wants what the heart wants (shrug)

Yes I will do what I want but I'm also looking at the market seeing what hot book there are, the price and why that is, my memory I just write stuff down or save it for later. For business acumen working on that.

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

Was the Darth Vader #3 only $11, or has that gone out the window already? I haven't been hanging on every post lately, so maybe that has changed...

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

Was the Darth Vader #3 only $11, or has that gone out the window already? I haven't been hanging on every post lately, so maybe that has changed...

The people who make money on CGC 9.8 modern variants buy them raw, get them slabbed, and then sell them. They don't buy them already graded where there is no money to make.

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

The people who make money on CGC 9.8 modern variants buy them raw, get them slabbed, and then sell them. They don't buy them already graded where there is no money to make.

Boom.

Not unless he bought that for $11 or under hm

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

Nope that's the one I bought for 75 dollars but I sold my star wars 1 for the exact price.

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

It was the regular version not the variant and I bought it because it was a good deal, I didn't listen to my friend when he told me I should have bought thor 133 CGC 9.8 X2 and 9.6 x3 and I lost lots of money by not doing that so I'm going to listen this time.

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

Boom.

Not unless he bought that for $11 or under hm

No but my lcs had raw vf-nm copies for 7 bucks each

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

Nope that's the one I bought for 75 dollars but I sold my star wars 1 for the exact price.

So the pretzel logic is that it's okay to spend over your weekly budget as long as the purchase is funded by a recent sale?

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

I know you said you research prices before letting your emotions take over so what was the 90 day gpa on that book?

Comics Sold

Star wars 1

Comics bought

Darth vader 3 CGC 9.8

I know you said you research prices before letting your emotions take over so what was the 90 day gpa on that book?

lol he bought on hype and paid more or less hype prices. My copy sold for $69.95 (plus whatever MCS charges for shipping...). He's gunna make money on the book at some point...you know if he holds it for 3 years till aphra shows up in a movie or something like that...

8 8