• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 5:36 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Nobody is supposed to drink it, and no one has been able to figure out why he even bottles it.

Ed Gein once said that Greggy's house was the only place he was scared to enter.

I'd love to visit greggy's house, actually I think it's a condo.  Imagine all the cool stuff he has and no wife to toss it away or control him.  greggy, when can I come over?

On 2/7/2022 at 10:12 PM, thehumantorch said:

ugh  Does CGC really want to be known as a grading company that damages the very items they're grading?  I can't think of anything more damaging to CGC's reputation. 

People will just keep blindly sending books. 

The customers obviously don't care what CGC does to their books, why would CGC care what they do to customer's books?

On 2/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, Sigur Ros said:

People will just keep blindly sending books. 

The customers obviously don't care what CGC does to their books, why would CGC care what they do to customer's books?

I'm pretty sure customers care when CGC damages their books.  I know I was pretty upset.  I just don't see much of an alternative at the moment but that may change.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:37 PM, Artboy99 said:

I am sure I am over 50 books submitted and received back. But if I include any quality control issues on what I got back I have 5 of 50 with issues be it stuff inside the case, wrong case size, rippling books inside the case, newton rings or what ever. This total does not include books we have jointly subbed either as some of those had issues (both Thor 337s with folded bottom corners as examples.) I also recall cracking a Spiderman at your house because it was very badly rippling inside the case and we were worried about further damage.

5% seems accurate.

For damage, your estimate is 5% but also, per your list, you're saying over 10% have general problems.  That's just bad.

On 2/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm pretty sure customers care when CGC damages their books.  I know I was pretty upset.  I just don't see much of an alternative at the moment but that may change.

Do they all get returned?  Do they receive damaged books then send more?

I know neither of us know these answers, but if people know about CGC damages yet send in books... I can't be so sure they care.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Do they all get returned?  Do they receive damaged books then send more?

I know neither of us know these answers, but if people know about CGC damages yet send in books... I can't be so sure they care.

In my case, yes, I sent in more.  I just don't see a valid alternative at the moment.  I'd certainly welcome competition.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 2/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, thehumantorch said:

My doctor told me to stop drinking his urine.  :censored:

Nobody is supposed to drink it, and no one has been able to figure out why he even bottles it.

Ed Gein once said that Greggy's house was the only place he was scared to enter.

Dammit - do you know hard it is to cancel an Amazon weekly subscription?

On 2/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, joeypost said:

If I damaged 5% of the books I work on that would be roughly 80 books a month. 

When I look at some of these damaged books coming out of CGC I have to believe the employees know they've damaged some of these books but pass them on fearing the consequences if they report it to management.  I suspect there's a culture problem at CGC

On 2/10/2022 at 7:21 PM, The Meta said:

Got my first "whats in the case" case

Free piece of plastic with every 50 book submission 

Makes up for the terrible grade. Was hoping for at least 9.4

20220210_184059.jpg

20220210_184108.jpg

Grader Notes.jpg

ETA: Sorry for your poor result on that book. 

Edited by jcjames

On 2/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'd love to visit greggy's house, actually I think it's a condo.  Imagine all the cool stuff he has and no wife to toss it away or control him.  greggy, when can I come over?

did you say "wife to toss it away"?

:::shudder:::

On 2/10/2022 at 8:45 PM, The Meta said:

lol I don't even know where to do that 

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/

:shy: go to cgccomics.com and hover over "resources", choose cgc verification, type in the cert number, if there are graders notes, they'll be there I believe.