• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,142 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 6:37 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/

:shy: go to cgccomics.com and hover over "resources", choose cgc verification, type in the cert number, if there are graders notes, they'll be there I believe.

Need a paid subscription to see them

On 2/11/2022 at 12:17 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yeah. Definitely sounds like they were harsh on it, but light scuffs can be hard to see once they are slabbed. 

It's the staining that got the hammering. CGC is rough on stains. Remember that 6 Million Dollar Man Cover that got a low grade due to a stain and we were all trying to see where the stain was?

On 2/11/2022 at 11:53 AM, William-James88 said:

It's the staining that got the hammering. CGC is rough on stains. Remember that 6 Million Dollar Man Cover that got a low grade due to a stain and we were all trying to see where the stain was?

Definitely true. Somehow I misread the notes and thought it had two notes of scuffing. :facepalm: The staining definitely is what hammered the grade on this one.

I know the issue has been discussed in this thread before, but finally received a book i've been waiting for since July back with a score I'm not thrilled with.  Appears to be a dent that I definitely do not recall having been there before, that I dont see indicated in the grader's notes.  I am immediately sending back for an quick turnaround pressing (which in fairness to them I probably should have done to begin given a few of the issues the book has).  A bit disappointing to be honest.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, William-James88 said:

Is the Bionic Woman on the cover next to Steve?

On 2/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, Miguelb said:

I know the issue has been discussed in this thread before, but finally received a book i've been waiting for since July back with a score I'm not thrilled with.  Appears to be a dent that I definitely do not recall having been there before, that I dont see indicated in the grader's notes.  I am immediately sending back for an quick turnaround pressing (which in fairness to them I probably should have done to begin given a few of the issues the book has).  A bit disappointing to be honest.

You were disappointed with the grade... just wait 'til you see the pressing.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:14 PM, Iceman399 said:

Should I send this back for them to fix? It's not for the pc so have a feeling a buyer will be turned off by the crunched label. 

20220219_112730.jpg

If it annoys you, it will definitely annoy a buyer 

Having to send it back into the CGC abyss though :pullhair:

On 2/19/2022 at 12:14 PM, Iceman399 said:

Should I send this back for them to fix? It's not for the pc so have a feeling a buyer will be turned off by the crunched label. 

20220219_112730.jpg

Yeah I would. If you try to sell it, I can guarantee someone will try to claim it's a damaged slab and try to get you to knock off some of the price.

Their ME turnaround time is actually not bad right now. I think from my dropoff to UPS to my door was like two weeks for me.