• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2022 at 1:42 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It was my mistake.  It was as Ryan said it is the Gobbledygook they have to have verified.  I posted the thread just above your post. 

That was my error. I knew I had read they had to have a book verified . It was NOT TMNT#1 . Sorry about the confusion.  

No sweat, my friend. And I appreciate the apology...  :foryou:

On 1/30/2022 at 8:18 PM, The Lions Den said:

No sweat, my friend. And I appreciate the apology...  :foryou:

Thank you. I try to stay within my knowledge and also only try to repeat what I have double checked , as to avoid spreading misinformation.  

I am more than happy to admit my mistakes and own them as it is one of the best ways to grow and learn. 

I appreciate your understanding.  :foryou:

*add :

Also Thank you @Ryan. for catching my error and correcting it! 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
*edit add..

On 1/30/2022 at 5:42 PM, Beige said:

They have been grading this for a while.

I think @seanfingh knows something about these?

The one that I was digging into was the Sonic insert. I was floored when they started showing up in blue labels and people were paying serious money. And there they were sitting bound in a Superman book that NOONE wanted.  I am very surprised that CGC grades these separately, but whatever, I guess.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:49 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 1/30/2022 at 5:44 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Sending off a handful of Marvel Value Stamps as we speak. 

9.8's here we come! 

Don't give them any more ideas. 

How about a stack of clipped coupons out of Hulk 181? Those would go like hot cakes.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:03 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Give me a little piece of your heart now Baby! ~Janis Joplin.

LOL we've kept the imagination windmill turning, but I'm going to church to get saved, from whatever illness cgc has inflicted on my broken heart. SHEESH!

They said it might ship by Friday and to Call if it doesn't doh! but C'mon :cry: of course it didn't ship. 

lol Got reminded to call today. Still it isn't shipped, they said 24 hours, and if not to call back. I'm sure it is the timing, though I wait with expectation. Watching and waiting :) 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, The Meta said:

It was put all over the invoice, but they can't read I guess

Aint nobody got time fo dat!

Real collectors know anyway

20220201_170651.jpg

I assume it's a Canadian price?

On 2/1/2022 at 6:10 PM, Beyonder123 said:

I just had to send back a Secret Wars 8 canadian that was missed.

Going to hold on to it for awhile. At least until they get themselves sorted. Might take a few years

On 2/3/2022 at 7:40 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

09B6ACF1-28DE-425E-8463-11805DCA5043.jpeg.afae47a32a72232dfed2fc3d15fe0650.jpeg

We should have a quality control grading contest.

Is it the CGC hologram sticker over the custom label image that someone paid for? hm No, that's the way they always do it. :facepalm:

Is the label text not aligned properly? :shiftyeyes: No, that's normal for custom labels too.

Is it the lack of notation re Frank Miller's first work on Daredevil? Look, that's gotta go if you want the Spidey picture on the label... :butbutbutemoji:

No one picked up that this is the JCPenney reprint? :canofworms:

Final quality control score = 2.0. Gets a grade bump for no cracks or chips on the slab. 

On 2/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, letsgrumble said:

No one picked up that this is the JCPenney reprint? :canofworms:

I just thought he was using the story name printed on the bottom of the cover to refer to CGC's quality control. doh!