• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2022 at 11:21 AM, Gaard said:

Looking at that TMNT, I'm reminded that I've read numerous times, by members here and by CGC reps themselves, that each book is looked at by a minimum of 3 graders to determine the grade. :butbutbutemoji:

I'll show you a dozen books I just got back with zero visible damage graded 9.4 and lower. Makes you scratch your head.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:05 AM, The Lions Den said:

In my experience, damage resulting from a Quality Control check is extremely rare. Of course, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...  :Rocket:

Fact of the matter is CGC has expanded, rapidly. 

You gain some, but lose experience, either by promotion or retirement. There is an obvious vacuum CGC needs to address.

Immediately 

Books I got back a week ago:

21/25 scuffed.

Sucked it up on some that weren't as bad and only sent 13 back.

Books I just got back:

21/25 scratched some scuffed.

Sucking it up on some again and the worst 15 are going back.

This is :censored: ridiculous.

@CGC Mike

On 3/6/2022 at 12:05 PM, The Lions Den said:

In my experience, damage resulting from a Quality Control check is extremely rare. Of course, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...  :Rocket:

There... according to threads like these, I think I fixed it.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, Timmay said:

21/25 scuffed.

Books I just got back:

@CGC Mike

Out of the frying pan & into the fire 

Good luck :wishluck:

On 3/7/2022 at 3:19 PM, DR.X said:

I've said this before. There is no excuse for this kind of garbage. None. Whoever is responsible for letting this stuff out should be booted right out the door.

100%

On 3/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, Timmay said:

21/25 scuffed.

Books I just got back:

@CGC Mike

This is happening so often, it cannot be a case of someone not catching these. It has to be a case of someone making the decision to let it pass. Unacceptable.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, Timmay said:

21/25 scuffed.

Books I just got back:

@CGC Mike

Can you post a group picture?  I honestly havent had too much bad luck with scuffing this past year.  Mostly for me its any slight overhang is damaged 100% of the time from moving around during shipping.   At least 15-20 books in 2021 had this kind of damage every time from a little overhang at the bottom right hand corner. 

cgc 2.jpeg

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/7/2022 at 6:44 PM, Sigur Ros said:

There... according to threads like these, I think I fixed it.

I'm not saying that damage isn't happening, but the QC area isn't usually the place where it happens. It's possible the slabs are being damaged from stacking the empty outer shells before they're sealed together or from being transported in a haphazard manner. Either way, I agree that it's unacceptable.

As far as the corner damage pictured above, that is most likely a shipping issue...

Edited by The Lions Den

On 3/7/2022 at 4:47 PM, The Lions Den said:

I'm not saying that damage isn't happening, but the QC area isn't usually the place where it happens. It's possible the slabs are being damaged from stacking the empty outer shells before they're sealed together or from being transported in a haphazard manner. Either way, I agree that it's unacceptable.

I agree I think most scuffing comes from factors after QC as well like shipping.

I have no doubt a lot of scuffing comes from the slabs moving around in the shipping box.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:45 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Can you post a group picture?  I honestly havent had too much bad luck with scuffing this past year.  Mostly for me its any slight overhang is damaged 100% of the time from moving around during shipping.   At least 15-20 books in 2021 had this kind of damage every time from a little overhang at the bottom right hand corner.

cgc 2.jpeg

You think this overhang is from shipping? I've always assumed this damage was done during encapsulation. I've sent back two books with this issue and the last had minimal overhang. My last box of 25 had nine with scuffs, not from shipping because they were packed pretty tight.

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg