• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

I know this has likely been answered, but I've had a few books come back with dents I KNOW weren't there originally and had to have come during the encapsulation process...does CGC require proof that the book didnt have the dent before they will have CCS press?

Edited by Miguelb

• Administrator
On 3/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, Miguelb said:

I know this has likely been answered, but I've had a few books come back with dents I KNOW weren't there originally and had to have come during the encapsulation process...does CGC require proof that the book didnt have the dent before they will have CCS press?

You would need to supply us photos of the books before you sent them in.  

Sometimes it can be pretty obvious even without pics. If CGC gave it a 9.8, and when you received it, it had dents, it would seem pretty clear that they weren't there when the grade was given.

• Administrator
On 3/17/2022 at 12:49 PM, Gaard said:

Sometimes it can be pretty obvious even without pics. If CGC gave it a 9.8, and when you received it, it had dents, it would seem pretty clear that they weren't there when the grade was given.

This is true.  If the grade is obviously much higher than the actual condition of the book, damage may have occurred sometime after the book was graded.  Provided a wrong grade wasn't entered on the label, we would determine if the damage was caused while in our custody or happened during shipping.  

On 3/17/2022 at 2:31 PM, Timely said:

Second Printing.

Exactly, the good thing is on most 2nd's there is some sort of indicator on the cover and this book is not very high dollar, if TMNT was missed that could be costly to someone who does not know what to look for on the cover of that book.

Here is another one on Ebay right now.

CGC Cert #
Title
G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero
Issue
Issue Date
3/84
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
WHITE
Grade Date
12/20/2019
Grade Category
Modern
Art Comments
Larry Hama story
Larry Hama & Steve Leialoha art
Ed Hannigan & Klaus Janson cover
Key Comments
1st appearance of Storm Shadow.
Silent issue.
Grader Notes
Unavailable

Joe 21 no 3rd print ebay.jpg

Edited by PKJ

On 3/17/2022 at 12:49 PM, Gaard said:

Um.. have you seen some of the 9.8's they have given..?!

On 3/14/2022 at 9:15 PM, innocuous said:

Any guesses as to the reliability of the CGC census?

I used to be concerned about slight overpopulation due to resubmits without returning the old label. Now I’m not sure what info to believe there. 

Yeah... guilty.

Never saw the importance in sending labels in.