• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

I received an order of 15 books today, and boy do these cases have a ton of scratches and newton rings. Even worse is that 2 of my Batman books came back with the same exact grade and same exact grader notes. My Batman #423 should of had the 7.0-8.0, while my Batman #386 which is in fantastic shape and pressed/cleaned gets the same grade and grader notes.

Do you guys recommend that I call and complain to CS to see if they can regrade this one book?

On 4/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, captainzombie said:

I received an order of 15 books today, and boy do these cases have a ton of scratches and newton rings. Even worse is that 2 of my Batman books came back with the same exact grade and same exact grader notes. My Batman #423 should of had the 7.0-8.0, while my Batman #386 which is in fantastic shape and pressed/cleaned gets the same grade and grader notes.

Do you guys recommend that I call and complain to CS to see if they can regrade this one book?

I dont know how anyone has time to deal with this kind of thing. And after waiting who knows how long to get them.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, captainzombie said:

I would definitely call them. Are there defects listed on the better book that are clearly not there? That would help things. 

On 4/2/2022 at 9:50 AM, wombat said:

I would definitely call them. Are there defects listed on the better book that are clearly not there? That would help things. 

It's wild. Both books received the exact same Grader notes and grade (8.0). I pressed and cleaned both books, while I can see the Batman 423 having several other issues the Batman 386 didn't have any of this that they marked. I had to spend quite sometime working on 423, also using a tack iron as I thought the book was going to get probably less than a 6.0. When I look at Batman 386 even with a magnifying glass I don't see any tears, creasing or spine stress.

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover
light tears to cover

I will do as you said and give CGC CS a call to see what they can do.

Edited by captainzombie

On 4/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, captainzombie said:

How do you know only one book was screwed up?

You may think the other ones make sense with the labels they received but at this point, after all the reports we see, how do you really know?

How is CGC trustworthy at all anymore?

On 4/3/2022 at 6:19 AM, Sigur Ros said:

How do you know only one book was screwed up?

You may think the other ones make sense with the labels they received but at this point, after all the reports we see, how do you really know?

How is CGC trustworthy at all anymore?

hack-khaby.gif.cb42a159164d8c501d76ae6ef447c6bd.gif

On 4/3/2022 at 6:55 AM, Gaard said:

And that is the sad, sad result of ALL these bs QC issues and this  bs 'oh well' attitude by CGC.

20220313_221238.jpg.5b9dca45db37fc2d0ce5c254b6b67956.jpg

On 4/3/2022 at 5:51 PM, Sold! said:

Says the man loyal to CBCS...

He says, in a thread 101 pages long (so far) depicting CGC screw-ups. 

I'm not loyal to anyone.  CGC's continuous problems have caused me to try out CBCS.  If they get it right, which they have so far, why wouldn't I use them?

Rhetorical.  Not really interested in your response.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:10 PM, Sold! said:

Yeah right :shiftyeyes: I've read your posts on the CBCS board for months. You are loyal to CBCS and you post here to bad-mouth CGC and try to make them look bad. You are a CBCS shill.

Then certainly, while stalking me, you have surely seen where I've said (more than once) that I was trying them out because of the issues at CGC... yes?   Unless honesty just isn't your thing.

In fact, go look at my posts from just a few hours ago since I'm so important to you.  You'll see exactly where I stand.

Regardless... you must find me very powerful if you think I can make CGC look bad. 

Thanks

On 4/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, Sold! said:

Stalking? Ha. There's like 20 regulars on their board, you can read the entire board in 10 minutes lol

Just making everyone is aware of your true motivations around here (thumbsu

So then honesty isn't your thing... got it.  ;)

Should probably spend more time working on your grammar anyway.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:22 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Filing this straight under WTF

Previous label was mislabeled as a Hans variant…new label below. 

AE2C6573-81DF-4B4A-8A70-73D36113AFF0.thumb.jpeg.41d8448715c41d5df1a61b77a8ae6df1.jpeg

Glad I could ship them my book for them to hold onto it for a month or whatever they did. This is the Sway retailer incentive Variant…

I'm at a loss...So, they fixed the label this time...but, now I have a floating shard. :facepalm::frustrated::censored:

914D291B-3352-4EAC-BA23-187B57D8CDDA.thumb.jpeg.f2d440d691250581caf59a1575c996ac.jpeg

On 4/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, wombat said:

You hit the Trifecta!!!!!!!  Congratulations. 

Thanks. Just got off the phone with customer support and thought I'd pass along a few amusing comments made by the CS rep.

"There are going to be bumps in the road as we grow. Look at Amazon. It took them forever to turn a profit, and now we can't live without them."' - lol The majority of the hobby doesn't even slab their books, but their CS department envisions everyday Americans relying on their services...ok

CS: "It's going to take a little time for us to get to where we need to as the industry leader."
Me: "This has been going on for a long time. Years not months."
CS: "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do to provide additional compensation other than a free reholder"
Me: "I understand. It's just frustrating"
CS: "In the long run, nobody will even remember these issues happened."
Me: "There are a number of threads on the message board about these issues, so I will just be added to the long list. I doubt anybody will forget"
CS: "We'll bury it. (literally laughing out loud) We'll bury it."
Me: "I hope not. That's bad business practice, and I'll make sure to relay your comment to the community."

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks. Just got off the phone with customer support and thought I'd pass along a few amusing comments made by the CS rep.

"There are going to be bumps in the road as we grow. Look at Amazon. It took them forever to turn a profit, and now we can't live without them."' - lol The majority of the hobby doesn't even slab their books, but their CS department envisions everyday Americans relying on their services...ok

CS: "It's going to take a little time for us to get to where we need to as the industry leader."
Me: "This has been going on for a long time. Years not months."
CS: "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do to provide additional compensation other than a free reholder"
Me: "I understand. It's just frustrating"
CS: "In the long run, nobody will even remember these issues happened."
Me: "There are a number of threads on the message board about these issues, so I will just be added to the long list. I doubt anybody will forget"
CS: "We'll bury it. (literally laughing out loud) We'll bury it."
Me: "I hope not. That's bad business practice, and I'll make sure to relay your comment to the community."

20220404_143536.thumb.png.dff715f32072898e5fc05c1dbbff0646.png

On 4/4/2022 at 1:45 PM, wombat said:

one simply does not say the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud - One  Does Not Simply | Meme Generator

Yeah, exactly. I would point out that, for the most part, customer service has been great and super helpful with the mislabel and other issues I’ve had in the past. This interaction had some interesting nuggets that I had to share. 

I was half expecting him to say something like, “I answered to phone, which I did not have to do,” before the call ended. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/18/2022 at 10:41 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Just arrived. Wrong Number. Label says #1. Should be #2. Lame mistake.

20220318_223834.jpg

@CGC MikeI have emailed customer service about this a few times now to get the "ME" fix with no response...Could you work your magic so customer service can write back and start the process for it to be corrected?