• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 4:45 AM, The Meta said:

Well, we know that book has chamber paper

Might be a shred of Kleenex tissue. Someone may have been blowing their nose in the encapsulation department, and one got away. Just an honest mistake.

Edited by DR.X

On 5/18/2022 at 6:18 AM, DR.X said:

Might be a shred of Kleenex tissue. Someone may have been blowing their nose in the encapsulation department, and one got away.

:eek:

On 5/18/2022 at 11:07 PM, The Meta said:

Nah too big for that

I mean, whats a condom? :shiftyeyes:

If that's too big, boy do I have some bad news for you... 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:13 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1211507670_Screenshot_20220518-1611342.png.d6d512212014e9edb58076d092e0acb3.png

Perhaps they're purposefully doing this with their turn around times.

3 months to grade......and an additional 3 months to fix their f-ups?

BOOM!........ON TIME!!!

On 5/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, The Meta said:

Nah too big for that

I mean, whats a condom? :shiftyeyes:

Something you use if you get lucky to have sex.

Just unpacked a fresh box of 25. Was looking good when I started but then the reject pile started growing and I thought that there was a chance that it would outpace the keepers. Unboxing ended with nine scratched fronts and one with debris on a black cover... can't miss it. Getting tired of all the scratched covers.... recently sent back 15 from two previous orders. They're mostly long, thin scratches straight down the fronts.

IMG_3649.jpg

Edited by jokiing
Because I can.

Yesterday was the one month anniversary of having a book arrive back at my home that was not slabbed even though it was listed as 9.8 in the online tracking and I was charged for it. I got on the phone with CGC within 15 mins of opening the box, and I have been on the phone with them several times since then with no resolution. 

I try to be fair and I understand that things happen, but this should have been pretty straightforward. They should send me a slip to send it back, re-grade, and either slab it or refund the cash I paid to slab that book. Either that or send me a credit to compensate for everything. But every time I call there is no decision made on this issue, and the people on the help line have to real authority to make decisions. I am starting to get frustrated. 

On 5/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, Stefan_W said:

Yesterday was the one month anniversary of having a book arrive back at my home that was not slabbed even though it was listed as 9.8 in the online tracking and I was charged for it. I got on the phone with CGC within 15 mins of opening the box, and I have been on the phone with them several times since then with no resolution. 

I try to be fair and I understand that things happen, but this should have been pretty straightforward. They should send me a slip to send it back, re-grade, and either slab it or refund the cash I paid to slab that book. Either that or send me a credit to compensate for everything. But every time I call there is no decision made on this issue, and the people on the help line have to real authority to make decisions. I am starting to get frustrated. 

It seems so simple ... slab it or refund the fees.

It's totally unacceptable that it's been over a month with no resolution.

A month of zero help and you're just now starting to get frustrated?! 

So they just sent you back your raw book?