• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

I was told by a customer service rep that after receipt, CGC has a two week grace period for customers with regards to returning books with quality control issues ie scuffs, newton rings, debris, etc. Is this correct? I have not heard this previously. 

I understand that if a book is several months old, it is past the period of having it sent back. I am just curious to know if this is in print somewhere.

Thanks

Edited by Robert_L

On 7/26/2022 at 9:37 AM, Robert_L said:

I was told by a customer service rep that after receipt, CGC has a two week grace period for customers with regards to returning books with quality control issues ie scuffs, newton rings, debris, etc. Is this correct? I have not heard this previously. 

I understand that if a book is several months old, it is past the period of having it sent back. I am just curious to know if this is in print somewhere.

Thanks

It has been a common statement both in the ask cgc thread and cs representative calls, for at least since 2016. But idk that I've seen it somewhere before sending in or part of terms and agreement, it might be there. (thumbsu

On 7/26/2022 at 10:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It has been a common statement both in the ask cgc thread and cs representative calls, for at least since 2016. But idk that I've seen it somewhere before sending in or part of terms and agreement, it might be there. (thumbsu

Thank you

Can CGC simply just recase the books that are sent back in without having to completely remove the books from the plastic sleeve that they are placed in?

I sent back three 9.8 books with newton rings. When they returned to me, they had color breaks to the spine that would not pass for 9.8 grades. I have sent inquiries to customer service about this.

I am just curious as to what the procedure is? Does the person handle to books carefully is my first concern. The second is, do they read what the problem is before they recase the book? Or does each book get removed from their sleeve and get redone completely?

Edited by Robert_L

I just had a book ship out that I sent back for Mechanical Error (it had a bunch of Newton Rings). I checked the cert number just to be sure the grade didn't change and suddenly the grade and the note of who the book was signed+sketched by is gone from the certification screen, is it normal for this information to disappear temporarily after an ME submission ships out? (As in the book has gone through the ME reholder and is being sent back to me)

The cert number for the book I'm talking about is 4092765001

image.thumb.png.5e2f5a489fd6917744dd78662b3a747c.png

Edited by JC25427N

Just a quick question for those that received credits from CGC for overbilling - how long does it usually take for the credit to show up?

Over a month ago now I upgraded my membership to elite and there were two orders already en route to CGC. The person who helped me upgrade my membership and answer questions told me that the 10% discount will apply to the orders that are not paid yet, but warned me that I have to double check and call in if the discount was not there. For both orders I was charged the full amount, and I called in right away to ask for a $110 credit to cover the discount for the pair of orders. The person on the phone was very helpful but had no power to give the credit, to it was sent into the system. I called again a couple of weeks ago and still no movement or credit on file. 

I know accounting is backlogged, and that is all good since I put in orders fairly regularly. But I also do not want this credit to be lost in the system since the discount on these two orders were a part of the math that I used to convince me to do the upgrade in the first place.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:04 AM, Stefan_W said:

Just a quick question for those that received credits from CGC for overbilling - how long does it usually take for the credit to show up?

Over a month ago now I upgraded my membership to elite and there were two orders already en route to CGC. The person who helped me upgrade my membership and answer questions told me that the 10% discount will apply to the orders that are not paid yet, but warned me that I have to double check and call in if the discount was not there. For both orders I was charged the full amount, and I called in right away to ask for a $110 credit to cover the discount for the pair of orders. The person on the phone was very helpful but had no power to give the credit, to it was sent into the system. I called again a couple of weeks ago and still no movement or credit on file. 

I know accounting is backlogged, and that is all good since I put in orders fairly regularly. But I also do not want this credit to be lost in the system since the discount on these two orders were a part of the math that I used to convince me to do the upgrade in the first place.

I'm not sure that I'm understanding, but I'll give it a go :)

The thing is not to wait until you are charged to call CGC. The minute they are received and checked in is when to call to be charged. I've had the customer rep service THEN be able to charge me and correctly, when I can explain the credit and they can verify. (thumbsu

I didn't talk to "accounting specifically" just a customer service :cheers: 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure that I'm understanding, but I'll give it a go :)

The thing is not to wait until you are charged to call CGC. The minute they are received and checked in is when to call to be charged. I've had the customer rep service THEN be able to charge me and correctly, when I can explain the credit and they can verify. (thumbsu

I didn't talk to "accounting specifically" just a customer service :cheers: 

I was charged but charged the wrong amount - the 10% discount was missing. So I called accounting, got someone from customer service, and they said the credit would be coming shortly. One month in and still no credit so I am wondering if this type of wait fop a credit is normal. 

• Administrator
On 7/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, Stefan_W said:

I was charged but charged the wrong amount - the 10% discount was missing. So I called accounting, got someone from customer service, and they said the credit would be coming shortly. One month in and still no credit so I am wondering if this type of wait fop a credit is normal. 

I recommend that you call accounting again.  

On 7/27/2022 at 12:11 PM, Stefan_W said:

I can try, third time is the charm. 

As Mike notes, it has been my experience that one has to call and/or (lean more toward "and") email a few times in order to have accounting correct an issue. When I have had issues with billing, they have been resolved after a few, roughly three, discussions with accounting.

On 7/27/2022 at 6:04 AM, Stefan_W said:

This seems like more of an Ask CGC question than something that should be in the "Quality Control" thread.

Ask CGC - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

On 7/28/2022 at 2:50 PM, Ryan. said:

Maybe the people who work the encapsulation machines should wear hair and beard nets (as applicable).

Nah. Shear em, like sheep

On 7/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, littledoom said:

This is why I can’t send comics to CGC for encapsulation anymore. This 9.4 was raw for 40 years only to come back with a hair inside the case. Smh

ECDBE6F9-2D58-4F7D-A28F-BE131D07C28F.thumb.jpeg.b867e4e575fb011e3515cfa7c1b11adb.jpeg 

Think of it as an added bonus.