• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 3:13 PM, thingsofstuff said:

Wouldn't a CCS press/clean get rid of "light finger prints on cover"???

I re-subbed a book for a signing.  I sent it in still in the CGC Case, previously graded 9.6 without any notes.  I know artist's can unintentionally 'flaw' a book during the signing, but after that happened to me once already with a JSC signing, I get them all pressed and cleaned now.  If it had that on the grader notes from before, I would be OK with it.  Now it's coming back 9.4 with just that note.  I feel like it picked up the finger print sometime after CCS but before grading.

Is it even worth calling CS about this?  I won't get the books back until maybe Monday so I can't tell yet if I can even see it through the case.

Please send all your details to @CGC Mike, he's compiling this post-press fingerbends thing to submit to CGC QC.

edit: I apologize I thought it said fingerbends, not prints.

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, KirbyTown said:

Please send all your details to @CGC Mike, he's compiling this post-press fingerbends thing to submit to CGC QC.

edit: I apologize I thought it said fingerbends, not prints.

I guess that is part of my question.  Wouldn't the CCS treatment get rid of those also?  Or are fingerprints unable to be cleaned? 

20220817_122333.jpg

Edited by thingsofstuff
Added screenshot

On 8/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, Robert Doggett said:

Guess this grade!! LOL  This book came back recently.

E377FDEF-1E59-4C40-8B15-EE9088263A73.jpeg.c002ed2c17f7f5299d877516fb0f2ffa.jpeg

I’ll post later tonight 

If nothing else is wrong with the book - 7.5/8.0

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/17/2022 at 11:21 AM, thingsofstuff said:

I guess that is part of my question.  Wouldn't the CCS treatment get rid of those also?  Or are fingerprints unable to be cleaned? 

20220817_122333.jpg

It depends on the fingerprints. If they're oily fingerprints on black, then no. If they're made of matter sitting on top of certain white areas then yes. The same kind of matter fingerprint on color areas, maybe not so effective with dry cleaning.

It would be helpful to see the book and pics of the defect areas.

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/17/2022 at 1:17 PM, KirbyTown said:

It depends on the fingerprints. If they're oily fingerprints on black, then no. If they're made of matter sitting on top of certain white areas then yes. The same kind of matter fingerprint on color areas, maybe not so effective with dry cleaning.

It would be helpful to see the book and pics of the defect areas.

I can post it when I have it in hand, also provided I can find them.  For reference it was a Wolverine #79 so the back does have the black NBA Jam ad.