• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 10:00 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You people need to stop sending slabs with shards back. Every time a case gets cracked, they have to get rid of the broken case somehow. They do that by breaking down the case and spreading them amongst new slabs. Whenever you send a slab back for a single shard, that just creates tons of new shards.

:ohnoez:

On 8/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, Robert Doggett said:

Guess this grade!! LOL  This book came back recently.

E377FDEF-1E59-4C40-8B15-EE9088263A73.jpeg.c002ed2c17f7f5299d877516fb0f2ffa.jpeg

I’ll post later tonight 

I'm assuming you're asking because it's way over-graded (otherwise, we'd have to see the rest of the book to determine whether it's undergraded). I'm going to guess 9.2 (since 9.8, 9.4, and 9.0 are already taken, and I think even a 9.6 would have raised serious eyebrows by anyone in the process, even if they weren't an experienced grader)

On 8/18/2022 at 5:17 AM, Gaard said:

I don't know, but it seems like it would be so easy to stop this. I just don't understand how these guys (CGC), after years of these shards getting into slabs, continue to let it happen.

Yes, it should be, one imagines, very easy for CGC to not allow this to happen or if it is not easy or it occurs regardless, for QC to have the shard removed prior to shipping the item. Of course, this has been stated on the boards countless times and, unfortunately, it still occurs far too often.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, Robert Doggett said:

Sorry for the late response! Got caught up in something last night!! 

A49B299B-B899-4618-95EA-9F240F1518D3.jpeg

Tell me this was a case of flipped slabs, where you subbed two copies of the same book, one a 6.0, and one a 9.6, and they just switched the two books into the wrong labels......  That isn't even close!

On 8/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, Robert Doggett said:

Sorry for the late response! Got caught up in something last night!! 

A49B299B-B899-4618-95EA-9F240F1518D3.jpeg

This is AWESOME.

Is there an infinite thread of gross mis-grades? If not, can I use this to start it??@Robert Doggett

omg the two cbcz at the bottom right (unless those are case scratches)

And can you pleeeeze post a high-quality full front and back? 🥳

Edited by KirbyTown

awesome gift grade!  but, the flaws are so obvious only a noob would pay the 9.6 value for it, so maybe no harm no foul?  basically its still like a raw book that hasn't ben graded yet. cheapest solution is maybe send it back for a real grade but dont pay.  If you do it years from now there'd be full fees, Id imagine.  Unless CGC caused the damage,, and thats of course a pig of a different color.