• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/29/2022 at 10:27 AM, Iceman399 said:
On 9/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, Ryan. said:

@CGC Mikethe certification numbers are showing up as invalid in the system so how am I supposed to submit these for Mechanical Error?

Their submission tracking is down. It goes down more often that a cheap lady of the night. 

Have to wait till their it crew gets it fixed. 

This is correct.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, Zoinks said:

They're worthless now? lol Fanboy posers say the darndest things...

C’mon.  Outside of novelty, they are pretty much worthless now. It’s shocking that a CGC service could actual lower the value of a 4.5 23 & 5.0 24....

But here we are.:tonofbricks:

On 10/2/2022 at 2:44 PM, Zoinks said:

It's the same as if some kid had written his name on the cover (shrug)

But I would want my CGC fees refunded :sumo:

It’s the same as if it was ‘bring your kid to work day’ at CGC & some of the kids scribbled on the covers of submissions.

I agree

On 10/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

C’mon.  Outside of novelty, they are pretty much worthless now. It’s shocking that a CGC service could actual lower the value of a 4.5 23 & 5.0 24....

But here we are.:tonofbricks:

HEY........we never guaranteed they would be signed by the correct person.

You're just lucky we even let you peasants submit your books to us.

Guarantee.thumb.jpg.e6660c6c96570d5465b47d87394f0381.jpg

Is there really nothing that can be done like there’s no recourse at all for a mistake like this I can’t imagine those books can’t be replaced. Cgc has some kind of liability at some point dont they. It’s because of this stuff that’s cbcs even exist at all. 

re: the Conan books

at the very least they should offer to have Roy Thomas sign the 2 books on them next time he does a SS event or if they can get the books to him and have them signed and witnessed sooner

this does nothing about the extra (meaningless) Conway sigs you would still have on both books

outside of that (if you didn't want that) they should compensate you FMV for signed Thomas copies of those books at noted grades

I can understand label mishaps and they don’t control shipping small mistakes will happen any times humans are involved we aren’t perfect. 

However it would make sense and show some good will for them to be proactive in trying to keep fix everything they can. I’m sure they are insured god forbid that hurricane hit where they are located with a storm surge that’s huge and there goes all of our comics.