• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2022 at 9:35 PM, ak47po said:

Him:  "OMG I can't believe how CGC keeps screwing everything up!!"

Also him:  "Make sure to watch my next video, 10 books I'm sending to CGC"

Hope he can forgive me if I DGAF about his CGC problems because he certainly is enabling them.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:19 AM, pmWolf said:

I have NO IDEA what happened, but I'm pretty dang upset. Let's just say that I was expecting it to be better than a a tape-pulled mess of a 4.5.

Just curious: was this book submitted for grading only, or did you request that it first be pressed by CCS?

On 11/11/2022 at 9:23 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I think CGC needs a president alone for QC. Or, actually have someone present for it. ???

If QC only sees the books in the slabs, they might not know it was damaged in house. If this was done during the unpacking process, they obviously need a QC person there as well.

I keep thinking there should be a chain of custody...I read too many detective thrillers.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:20 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Him:  "OMG I can't believe how CGC keeps screwing everything up!!"

Also him:  "Make sure to watch my next video, 10 books I'm sending to CGC"

Hope he can forgive me if I DGAF about his CGC problems because he certainly is enabling them.

Aren't we all enablers?

On 11/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, pmWolf said:

Here's what I sent in:

SS3.thumb.jpeg.b483d0415b3b3da9217d5d0f2c3c345c.jpeg

And here is how it was returned:

SS3-4.5.thumb.jpg.bc5705d0d29e184faea2c73bff95372c.jpg

I have NO IDEA what happened, but I'm pretty dang upset. Let's just say that I was expecting it to be better than a a tape-pulled mess of a 4.5. 

Where do I even go from here??

Is it April 1st?  WTF is going on?  To damage the book is one thing, but to damage the book....then just send it along through the grading process is total clown shoes.  :facepalm:

On 11/11/2022 at 10:31 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is it April 1st?  WTF is going on?  To damage the book is one thing, but to damage the book....then just send it along through the grading process is total clown shoes.  :facepalm:

Holy s***!!!!!

On 11/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, zzutak said:

Gotcha.  I believe the damage shown was not caused by a tape pull but by a seriously flawed pressing.  One man's opinion.  :foryou:

Pressers.png.89b071ccff5c1dba2a67e2ad5fba649c.png

Like the book was pressed without parchment paper(or whatever they use) & the press lifted the inks right off the book.

@joeypost

Could use your expertise here :foryou:

On 11/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, zzutak said:

Gotcha.  I believe the damage shown was not caused by a tape pull but by a seriously flawed pressing.  One man's opinion.  :foryou:

I "press" my comic books by stomping on them with my garden boots and, perhaps do a better job.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:51 AM, zzutak said:

You have to supply your own press, in this case thee ole sandwhich maker.

image.png.b3a1cd6efc550c9682d7553b77226054.png

Bruh, toss in a BLT for me while your at it, leave it on the burnt setting :roflmao:

On 11/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, Ryan. said:

Holy ----!!!!

Good reminder to take scans of all books prior to sending to CGC.

There needs to be a place to upload the scan of the book you submit at the same time you fill in the online submission form. Good Lord! 

On 11/11/2022 at 9:30 AM, DR.X said:

So some ding bat damages this man's book ( looks like tape pulls ), knows WTF they did, and encapulates it anyway, and out the door. Maybe the owner won't notice?

These are the kind of people that work there. This is the kind of company where people like this want to work.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:01 AM, zzutak said:

This carries absolutely no weight with me.  I don't think the pull-down menu of grading notes includes "color lift due to improper CCS pressing."  lol

I just don’t see how this  much damage could be caused by tape.  Did the tape dispenser explode? :insane:

F9A80080-2B48-4642-B3CB-CEF4C68C845C.jpeg.4f66d7cab8d40feaee61fb45ce88742a.jpeg