• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

And here we go again! Another poster sleeve sent out with damage caused at the facility. Crescent shaped indentations right thru the front, the poster and the back of the sleeve. Where is the quality control? The moment I removed the poster from the poly back the damage was staring me right in the face. Impossible to miss. That is 3 ME's in a row!

UPDATE: Just received my 2nd shipment now. No damage to the box. The poster sleeve literally looks like it melted. Totally warped!! Number 4 ME in a row! I need to speak to a supervisor!

damage 1.jpg

damage 2.jpg

On 8/11/2023 at 8:12 PM, triporfreak said:

Crescent shaped indentations right thru the front, the poster and the back of the sleeve. Where is the quality control? The moment I removed the poster from the poly back the damage was staring me right in the face. Impossible to miss. That is 3 ME's in a row!

UPDATE: Just received my 2nd shipment now. No damage to the box. The poster sleeve literally looks like it melted. Totally warped!! Number 4 ME in a row! I need to speak to a supervisor!

But......but......this can't be possible.

Some in here insist that things like this are rare. :preach:

On 8/11/2023 at 8:12 PM, triporfreak said:

The poster sleeve literally looks like it melted

We have been hitting some record temps here in Florida. 

FB_IMG_1691507169647.jpg.d509364577db5d5716758b97a633b1fd.jpg

Sorry it happened to your submission and hopefully they will do their best to make it as right as they can. 

This is the reason I discontinued sending things to CGC . (The multiple trips back and forth to CGC for ME) which usually resulted in damage to the items making the trips. :sorry:

On 8/11/2023 at 9:12 PM, Domo Arigato said:

But......but......this can't be possible.

Some in here insist that things like this are rare. :preach:

:gossip:

Probably some of the same crowd that thinks these CGC error labels are rare and want Mile High Prices on FleeBay. 

Now I am off to order more of those new manufactured rarity gimmicky multiple cover books from presellers..:whistle:

On 8/11/2023 at 11:18 PM, Beastfeast said:

Recognizing bias is a skill everyone would do better to learn.  Read up on confirmation bias.    

I googled the hell out of confirmation bias and read the snot out it.

Now I know why those people choose to ignore all the evidence in this thread.  

Thanks ! ! !

On 8/11/2023 at 9:12 PM, triporfreak said:

And here we go again! Another poster sleeve sent out with damage caused at the facility. Crescent shaped indentations right thru the front, the poster and the back of the sleeve. Where is the quality control? The moment I removed the poster from the poly back the damage was staring me right in the face. Impossible to miss. That is 3 ME's in a row!

I got you beat.

One book had 3 ME in a row. Yes, it went back 3 times.

After 3 months and a market drop of about 30% I finally got it back. :cloud9:

On 8/12/2023 at 12:18 AM, Beastfeast said:

Recognizing bias is a skill everyone would do better to learn.  Read up on confirmation bias.    

As someone who was raised for 30 years in a cult and finally broke free, I totally agree.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:31 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I googled the hell out of confirmation bias and read the snot out it.

Now I know why those people choose to ignore all the evidence in this thread.  

Thanks ! ! !

Mods notified.