• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

It struck me that the woman's hand giving over the lightsaber's would be Leia's...not the hands receiving it? The voiceover still works in that example...

The orange-skinned alien giving the lightsaber to Leia is the character Lupita Nyong'o is playing.

You know they dub trailers with dialogue and music that doesn't necessarily occur during those scenes in the actual movie, right?

You realize you're not as obsessive about Star Wars as I am, right?

It's Leia getting the lightsaber and Luke with the replacement hand. :-)

So they've totally departed from the EU, naming her Rey? Hmm having read a majority of the EU this throws me a little but I'm still very excited!

They have been on record as saying nothing in the EU is canon and nothing in the EU has any impact on these forthcoming films.

http://pix11.com/2015/04/16/star-wars-the-force-awakens-craze-hits-new-york-city/

The store manager of Forbidden Planet NYC says the excitement has been pumping for a while. Just a few weeks ago at Midtown Comics, George Lucas himself stopped by to pick up some goodies.

“He stopped in, was just buying some comics, by himself,” said ‎Marketing & Events Coordinator Andrew Cohen.

And then this happened....

As revealed today at Celebration... that new droid is NOT CGI. That new droid is a real prop droid. Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams said that they had to work on it for awhile but they were able to develop the technology for this.

bb8.gif

As revealed today at Celebration... that new droid is NOT CGI. That new droid is a real prop droid. Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams said that they had to work on it for awhile but they were able to develop the technology for this.

bb8.gif

He's still no R2-D2 :sumo:

Is there any video of the crowd watching that trailer at the panel at Celebration? There is a video of the panel itself but it cuts off and shows a HD version of the trailer.

I like to hear the fans reaction. Like when Nick Fury appeared at the end of Iron Man, Thanos appeared at the end of Avengers, or that image of Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet in that Infinity War teaser.

Recent rumors from some very reliable websites, such as Making Star Wars and Badazz Digest, have Gwendoline Christie’s role pegged as that of Captain Phasma, an Imperial officer wearing chrome-plated Stormtrooper armor with a black and red cape, who is the leader of an elite group of Stormtroopers who themselves are part of an Imperialist group called First Order.

bb8.gif

I want one!!!

2015 will be rememberd as the year that brought us Avengers 2 and SW.

Now the question is, which one will be more successfull? hm

IMO Avengers 2 will win

Nah. My guess is SW. Han's invitation to 'come home' will bring every man in the world in the 35-50 age bracket (that's 750 million people) to the cinema, along with wives, children, and... miscellaneous. Which means SW will make well over $10billion at the box office. OK, I guess a few of those people won't be able to make it, but still...

Avengers 2 won't make as much as Avengers 1.

2015 will be rememberd as the year that brought us Avengers 2 and SW.

Now the question is, which one will be more successfull? hm

IMO Avengers 2 will win

Nah. My guess is SW. Han's invitation to 'come home' will bring every man in the world in the 35-50 age bracket (that's 750 million people) to the cinema, along with wives, children, and... miscellaneous. Which means SW will make well over $10billion at the box office. OK, I guess a few of those people won't be able to make it, but still...

Avengers 2 won't make as much as Avengers 1.

If Avatar made over 2 billions, I can see SW making 10 billions

The metal hand guy was Luke and the person getting the light saber was Leia....end of discussion

You are incorrect. Technically that would be the end of the discussion :)

Okay, I have to ask. With all the conclusive analysis already on a bunch of other sites that pretty much confirms that it's Luke & Leia, how can you say he's incorrect?

bb8.gif

He's still no R2-D2 :sumo:

R2-D2 does not look overly impressed by the new droid in that video!

No spoilers as just a thought. Read a few times that Luke is protecting something . Any thought to if that is Anakin . We saw the armor of Vader being burnt but was Anakin in it, They did fake the deaths of Luke and Leia and made it look real. Maybe Luke is protecting / hiding Anakin from the dark side and the emperor , knowing they would come for him if they knew he was still alive and he would easily be seduced back to the Dark side . Always a thought I had when I saw them burning the vader suit. Would be cool if Luke is keeping Vader in a place where the Dark SIde and the emperor cant find him.

No spoilers as just a thought. Read a few times that Luke is protecting something . Any thought to if that is Anakin . We saw the armor of Vader being burnt but was Anakin in it, They did fake the deaths of Luke and Leia and made it look real. Maybe Luke is protecting / hiding Anakin from the dark side and the emperor , knowing they would come for him if they knew he was still alive and he would easily be seduced back to the Dark side . Always a thought I had when I saw them burning the vader suit. Would be cool if Luke is keeping Vader in a place where the Dark SIde and the emperor cant find him.

Except that we saw his spirit in ROTJ.

If they pull the switcheroo, the nerd rage will be even better than anyone could ever hope for.