• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

Avengers 2 won't make as much as Avengers 1.

I don't know if I agree with that. Marvel movies just continue to pick up steam.

I wonder if Han's "we're home" line means we'll finally get to see Corellia on screen.

Not sure if we'll see Corellia, but at that moment he's talking about them taking the Falcon back into their possession from whomever has it. Corellia isn't Chewie's home, so his use of "we're" wouldn't make sense there.

That silver looking storm trooper...oh yeah. Please let there be a 12" action figure!

That's Captain Phasma, and you bet there'll be one. :)

Has that been confirmed? I've heard the rumors but have yet to hear anything definitive.

I got a collection of Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, Shadow Troopers...will be nice to add a Chrome Trooper.

One thing that grinds my gear...why is "Stormtroopers" one word and the rest are two words?!?!?! Don't know why but that always bothered me :makepoint:

Avengers 2 won't make as much as Avengers 1.

I don't know if I agree with that. Marvel movies just continue to pick up steam.

Just a guess. We'll see. I'll certainly be taking the children, but the trailers have me suspecting it will be a just a tiny bit disappointing, akin to IM2 and 3.

Is there any video of the crowd watching that trailer at the panel at Celebration? There is a video of the panel itself but it cuts off and shows a HD version of the trailer.

This is the closest reaction video I could find....

The metal hand guy was Luke and the person getting the light saber was Leia....end of discussion

You are incorrect. Technically that would be the end of the discussion :)

Okay, I have to ask. With all the conclusive analysis already on a bunch of other sites that pretty much confirms that it's Luke & Leia, how can you say he's incorrect?

Are any of those other sites getting info from J.J. Abrams? lol

If not, they are guessing just like we are.

I've read that, given that this was Luke's lost lightsaber from the end of ESB (anakin's original saber lost at the end of Ep III), and its discovery leads the new characters to seek out Luke. That doesn't mean it's not Leia's hands, but it may mean (in that particular scene) it's one of these new characters.

Those are young looking hands....of course, they may have just CGI'd out Leia's liver spots.

That silver looking storm trooper...oh yeah. Please let there be a 12" action figure!

Has that been confirmed? I've heard the rumors but have yet to hear anything definitive.

I got a collection of Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, Shadow Troopers...will be nice to add a Chrome Trooper.

One thing that grinds my gear...why is "Stormtroopers" one word and the rest are two words?!?!?! Don't know why but that always bothered me :makepoint:

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, makes total sense. Because each of them looks better that way!!! :makepoint:

4. For those that don't know the main bad guy's name, it's Kylo Ren. He's the one that looks like Darth Revan, but obviously is not. :)

Everybody thinks this guy will be played by Adam Driver, right? And that he's the one holding the claymore lightsaber in the first teaser?

adam-driver-v2.jpg

&MaxW=640&imageVersion=default&AR-141139972.jpg

I can't wait. :banana:

The whole trailer was awesome, but hearing Han say "We're home" gave me goosebumps.

This is the part I'm struggling with most...I don't know if I forgive Harrison Ford for growing old, or any of us for that matter. :sorry:

I wanna love it, but I just want Han to be Han.

Jim

I usually only collect Bobba Fett, but I will definitely have to get this one.

Not sure if anyone posted this but this made me cry. A priest watching the trailer for the first time. Just how i felt.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alivelez/this-catholic-priest-reacting-to-the-new-star-wars-trailer-i#.ahX06Bm2J

That was absolutely wonderful. It was like watching myself. The joy was palpable!

Not sure if anyone posted this but this made me cry. A priest watching the trailer for the first time. Just how i felt.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alivelez/this-catholic-priest-reacting-to-the-new-star-wars-trailer-i#.ahX06Bm2J

That was absolutely wonderful. It was like watching myself. The joy was palpable!

+1

That was awesome!!! Yep, I must have looked something like that too.