• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hulk #102 was quite cheap for a while.  I guess it might be catching up.

That said, a 9.6 of Hulk Annual #1 (which I think is a much cooler book) sold tonight for $2,450, as compared to $4,110 for a 9.6 in June and $2,400 for a 9.4 just last month.

On the #102, I completely agree.   It's been late starter, but the attention is coming.   An old label always helps the result too.

I think there's a case for the 9.2 pulling down the result of the 9.6.   $1,356 vs $2,450.   You decide.

image.thumb.png.97f579ea8210876c559574189e1ebc17.png

On 11/3/2021 at 6:13 PM, Drummy said:

I was the underbidder on the #4 -- I didn't trust the CGC scan that Comiclink used (it's much brighter than what would be in hand), but the same book was scanned at WorldWide and it was indeed very nice.  Congrats to the winner, whoever it was....and for me, the hunt continues!

Dan

I had my eye on that copy to see where it might land.
I thought it was a nice looking copy for the grade, and *wow* did it jump ($$-wise)!
Many congrats to buyer & seller.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:50 PM, Wolverinex said:

Several 5.5 Strange tales 110 sold recently.  Highest nearing 7k.  Any recent news on the good doctor or Paste Pot Pete?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373760940077?hash=item5705e3582d:g:1SEAAOSwYfJhbdOo

Pete's doing great.

Last time I talked with him, he said he was sitting on the pot and feeling pasty.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:25 AM, Wolverinex said:
On 11/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, MusterMark said:

Pete's doing great.

Last time I talked with him, he said he was sitting on the pot and feeling pasty.

I heard rumor that Daniel Day Lewis is gearing up for a PPP role.

@KevinFergie

Frankly, only people with three names (three clearly defined and well known names) like Daniel Day Lewis could possibly play Petey, since he has three names himself.

On 11/8/2021 at 12:51 PM, Wolverinex said:

Certainly needs a man with gravitas.  No idea who this guy is, but he assume he has it.  Btw, the dip for ST110 may be over, 3.0 is nearing 4k.  One just sold for 3888, so with taxes it probably crosses the 4kmark

"This guy" is none other than Philip Michael Thomas, a charter member of the three-first-name hall of fame.

On 10/31/2021 at 11:29 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I was shocked by some of the hammer prices in tonight's Heritage auction.  I was only watching a handful, and I usually bid aggressively on the books I'm targeting, but couldn't justify trying to keep up with these:

• Avengers #93 CGC 9.6 WP -- $5,040
  • Avengers #94 CGC 9.6 WP -- $3,360
  • Captain America #111 CGC 9.6 WP -- $1,920

Those are all WAAAY above any sale I'm aware of for these books.  Has to be some kind of anomaly?

Wow!  I have a CapAM 111 in 9.6 White.  What a price paid for it.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, musicmeta said:

Wow!  I have a CapAM 111 in 9.6 White.  What a price paid for it.

heritage results need to be taken with a large grain of salt. unless comiclink or comicconnect auction results on a similar or identical book corroborate the prices allegedly paid on heritage, i would not trust them alone. 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:56 PM, alexgross.com said:

heritage results need to be taken with a large grain of salt. unless comiclink or comicconnect auction results on a similar or identical book corroborate the prices allegedly paid on heritage, i would not trust them alone. 

Yes,  I think you're right.  I can't remember the last time I won a book on HA.  It's hard with their sky high commission and sales tax (not a factor so much now since everywhere else does this).  I do recall it was maxed out to my 
highest bid as well.  I didn't think much at the time but these prices are crazy high. 

I hear a lot talking about Heritage, CLink, ComicConnect and I guess Pedigree but what about Mycomicshop?  Are they becoming more and more relevant for auctions on Silver Age books with regards to generating the same hammer prices as the others?

Edited by musicmeta