• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 1:14 PM, jimjum12 said:

There's been talk for years about "Justice League Dark" .... which tentatively features Swamp Thing, Phantom Stranger, Constantine, Spectre, Deadman, and The Demon ... I'm still waiting. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yep, that's why I've been investing in high grade Strange Adventures Deadman issues :headbang:

On 12/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, rexinnih said:

I like that comparison if 50 can move up to FF 48 levels! I have a ASM 50 CGC 5.0 I'm glad I bought a few years back. 

I have 50 in 5.0 as well, am considering grading 51 also, expect it would

grade about the same. Yes/No, comments? Any other 50-140 come to mind?

I already have 100,101,121,122 and 129 graded.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:57 PM, ft88 said:

Asm 50 = FF 48

Asm 51 = FF49??

image.png.d6f4d789260e99b51a62729e650159b5.png

One difference is, FF49 is a more iconic cover than FF48. I think the reason FF49 has taken off in it's own right, is because it's one of Kirby's finest covers. 

ASM50 is a more iconic cover than ASM51. While I think ASM51 will grow, I don't see it growing like FF49.  

If I made a top 10 covers of the SA list, both FF49 and ASM 50 would be high on my list. 

On 12/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

ASM 50 is getting hot hot hot, for obvious reasons.

Wait why is ASM50 rising …….. if it is I am disappointed as it’s been on my list for a bit and haven’t snagged a copy yet 🤬

On 12/8/2021 at 4:33 PM, Chillax23 said:

Wait why is ASM50 rising …….. if it is I am disappointed as it’s been on my list for a bit and haven’t snagged a copy yet 🤬

Not fully confirmed, but it seems Kingpin will indeed show up in Hawkeye. I mean the direct connection to Echo in the comics, the fact they've discussed the "Big Guy" as PeterPark mentioned, as well as I think one or two other references. Also we know Charlie Cox will be showing up in the MCU as Daredevil, at least I believe I saw that somewhere. So copies are steadily being snatched up. Expect it could/will explode once Vincent is seen, but people might just be waiting for the actual event to happen.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:37 PM, KCOComics said:

One difference is, FF49 is a more iconic cover than FF48. I think the reason FF49 has taken off in it's own right, is because it's one of Kirby's finest covers. 

ASM50 is a more iconic cover than ASM51. While I think ASM51 will grow, I don't see it growing like FF49.  

If I made a top 10 covers of the SA list, both FF49 and ASM 50 would be high on my list. 

Agree with you 100%. Especially since I have ASM 50 and FF 49 but don't have ASM 51 and FF48 :bigsmile:. ASM 50 was one cover I saw and bought the comic specifically because of that. Thankfully before it blew up. FF49 I luckily picked up years ago as an Ebay auction with FF50 and glad I did!