• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2022 at 7:13 AM, Crimebuster said:

Thor has amazing Kirby universe building stories with huge scope and power. Ego, Galactus, Pluto, Mangog, Hela, Him, it's just greatness after greatness.

Meanwhile, Daredevil has Mike Murdock.

meh

What issue did they change the spelling of "Murdoch" to "Murdock"? That should be a big key!

On 1/5/2022 at 1:53 AM, William-James88 said:

Woah, since when did Thor 165 start beating FF 67 in price?

As to the ongoing discussion, that Thor run ain't cheap. JIM 99 is getting rather pricey for instance.

Well in my experience (upgraded my run to 9.4 a few years ago) the prices for the JIM run have always been a noticeable step up from the Thor prices.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, namisgr said:

Thor 177 was Kirby's last SA issue, ending quite a long run begun in JIM 97.  John Buscema did the pencils on 178 onward, except for Neal Adams on 179 and 180.

Thor177sale-1.thumb.jpg.4b8435dfedb3ff4858346e5de0195e59.jpg

Kirby is credited with interior art on #179, which threw me off. He isn't credited with any work on #178, making this issue the last he did cover and interior art on in this run. A glorious run indeed

On 1/6/2022 at 11:17 PM, speedcake said:

Kirby is credited with interior art on #179, which threw me off. He isn't credited with any work on #178, making this issue the last he did cover and interior art on in this run. A glorious run indeed

You're right that it's an Adams cover and Kirby interior on #179.  (thumbsu

On 1/4/2022 at 5:13 PM, Crimebuster said:

Thor has amazing Kirby universe building stories with huge scope and power. Ego, Galactus, Pluto, Mangog, Hela, Him, it's just greatness after greatness.

Meanwhile, Daredevil has Mike Murdock.

meh

yeah Thor Kirby adds alot. :) 

Thor146-026.jpg

Thor148-020.jpg

Thor148-026.jpg

Thor160-003.jpg

Thor160-009.jpg