• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 11:21 PM, MattTheDuck said:

LOL - yeah, you can't really take the over/under without a number being posited first.

Even if a number is posted, you need to choose to take the over OR the under.  "Taking the over/under" is like saying you're really sure somebody's going to win.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Yesterday this SS Daredevil 1 4.0 sold for 50% more then the previous non SS 4.0, which sold for $4800 just a few weeks ago,  before the Charlie Cox news. I know Stan Lee signatures on silver keys carry a premium, so it's not an apples to apples comparison, but a 50% premium seems pretty high, so maybe the MCU news was a factor as well ???

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/daredevil-1-signature-series-stan-lee-marvel-1964-cgc-vg-40-off-white-pages-the-origin-and-first-appearance-of/a/122150-13356.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-MyTrackedLots-101116

image.png.20c6dc9f372fc44c3225c7f5c0771125.png

On 12/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

FF 33 with some pretty impressive CGC sales a couple days ago. Is something up with Attuma?

Rumored to be a villain in Black Panther 2. 

Ref:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/black-panther-2-attuma-villain-not-namor-setup/amp/

On 12/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, kimik said:

Check out the prices on the mid to highish grade ASMs between 51-99 in the Sunday Night Heritage auction last night. If that is the norm, then every dealer with decent mid grade back stock is sitting on a gold mine now.

ASM 64 in 7.5 sold for over $500. That's more than the last 9.4.

On 12/27/2021 at 9:42 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I take it to mean he believes ASM51 growth rate will outpace FF49.

Got it. 

And i hope I didn't come off as snarky, because I didn't intend to be.

I would personally take FF49 over ASM51. I may be a bit bias because I'm a huge surfer / FF fan.  

ASM is and seemingly always is, red hot. It's never wise to bet against spiders or bats, but I would in this case. 

On 12/27/2021 at 10:06 PM, KCOComics said:

I would personally take FF49 over ASM51. I may be a bit bias because I'm a huge surfer / FF fan

Same here but just Intuitively. I wouldn't be surprised if 51 passed it at least in higher grades depending on how this MCU appearance is carried out. Assuming it even does? On the other side it wouldn't be far fetched to believe Galactus has an appearance of his own at some point. If I had to choose one of those long term its 49 but not by much. 

I haven't heard much on this Kingpin rumor. Any word on who the actor could be? Is it the actor from the Netflix series?

Edit: just checked FF49 in highest grades and yeah....I think it's more safe than I estimated lol! I still think 51 could outpace for a while but not surpass. 

Edited by MGsimba77