• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

I think FF1 is due to heat up soon. AF15, Hulk 1, even Showcase 4 have been scorching the last few years, but FF1 remains pretty stagnant.

How hot $ do you think FF could get?

I feel its just a natural progression. After AF15 got expensive, collectors turned to Hulk1 which in turn became expensive. AF15, and Hulk 1 are getting beyond most collectors means. I mean 1.0s of these books are selling for 5k. An FF1 in 4.0 range can still be obtained at that price. FF1 is historically very significant (more so than Showcase 4 IMHO which also goes for a huge chunk of change).

You are correct. The problem is that the the titles that became expensive have succesful movies/TV shows. FF1 will only be saved and become expensive if the movie doesn't suck... Honestly I hope it doesn't but i don't have high hopes for it.

Now days it's all measured by movie success, sadly.

You answered my question right as I posted it :) Theses aren't tied to any movie franchises. I do love the Blue Beetle. I almost bought a bunch on Ebay, but decided to go for some Green Lantern's instead.

Edited by Greatest Lantern

You answered my question right as I posted it :) Theses aren't tied to any movie franchises. I do love the Blue Beetle. I almost bought a bunch on Ebay, but decided to go for some Green Lantern's instead.

Green lantern is a good choice right now. Later on as a collector it gets expensive and annoying when prices begin to rise. Green lantern is getting a reboot and coming back to the big screen. Right now you can get all the issues you can for cheap. Get them now before any major announcement.

Ted Kord has been rumored on Arrow for a while, but I don't think he has shown up yet.

Nightshade was rumored for Suicide Squad. That put a spotlight on her.

Green lantern is a good choice right now. Later on as a collector it gets expensive and annoying when prices begin to rise. Green lantern is getting a reboot and coming back to the big screen. Right now you can get all the issues you can for cheap. Get them now before any major announcement.

Have GL's gone down from the first movie bump? Did the movie actually hurt later prices?

Is there anything heating up that isn't tied into a movie franchise right now?

Avengers #83 was going for pretty abnormal prices even before this A-Force stupidity…

A number of ASM issues as well, I’d say… like #50 (Kingpin? Not in a movie for now).

The Kingpin's not in a movie right now, but he is in the new Netflix Daredevil series...maybe that's it?

I hope that translates over to Space Adventures #33. I'd think the first appearance of Captain Atom would gain some traction, and it's a great Dikto Charlton to boot (plus a tough book to find)

Hot book and a nice copy. I think it's a foregone conclusion people believe it's only a matter of time before we get Warlock in the Infinity Gauntlet movie arc.

It’s the stamp… it has a stamp like a certain copy I know… :whistle:

Hot book and a nice copy. I think it's a foregone conclusion people believe it's only a matter of time before we get Warlock in the Infinity Gauntlet movie arc.

No surprise with 67. The white hot book that doesn't get a lot of publicity. Agree this will be absolute fire when they finally make the announcement. Get them now or forever regret.