• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

With the Sony/Marvel announcement everyone better stock up on AF#15 before it skyrockets. :D

Explain to me why it is going to sky rocket? Just because the board hates Sony's depiction of the Spidey movies the movies are a mega hits world wide. I don't see where a Marvel/Disney movie is going to demand a spike.

Better movies maybe but has'nt the train left the station on AF 15? Maybe if some HG copies are flushed out and sell way over #s. But I'd say AF 15 keeps on climbing steady switch or no switch.

Now if you told me Spidey villians might be finally done right and those should be hot I'd agree with that.

I think he was speaking (typing) with a hint of sarcasm. And I would agree with you. The blue chip Spidey Villains should get a little push. 3,14,50,300 in particular. Can't rule out 4,15 & 20 either.

Yeah, I was typing with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. :insane:

We need to decide on a standard emoji to use when making a sarcastic comment.

Obviously, AF#15 is already in the stratosphere as far as prices go. No movie is going to push it higher. Just like the Bats/Supes Movie (even if it's the best superhero movie ever) will have minimal (zero?) effect on the prices of Action 1 or Tec 27.

With the Sony/Marvel announcement everyone better stock up on AF#15 before it skyrockets. :D

Explain to me why it is going to sky rocket? Just because the board hates Sony's depiction of the Spidey movies the movies are a mega hits world wide. I don't see where a Marvel/Disney movie is going to demand a spike.

Better movies maybe but has'nt the train left the station on AF 15? Maybe if some HG copies are flushed out and sell way over #s. But I'd say AF 15 keeps on climbing steady switch or no switch.

Now if you told me Spidey villians might be finally done right and those should be hot I'd agree with that.

I think he was speaking (typing) with a hint of sarcasm. And I would agree with you. The blue chip Spidey Villains should get a little push. 3,14,50,300 in particular. Can't rule out 4,15 & 20 either.

Obviously, AF#15 is already in the stratosphere as far as prices go. No movie is going to push it higher. Just like the Bats/Supes Movie (even if it's the best superhero movie ever) will have minimal (zero?) effect on the prices of Action 1 or Tec 27.

Unless they update Superman or Batman's costumes to a more modern look.

Edited by rabidwolf

hm

I'm not so sure. This 1.5 that is currently at auction has already beaten the prior GPA high by more than 10%, with two days still to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251826185111?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The movie announcement(s) may very well spur fence-sitters to jump in, as we are very likely guaranteed (now more quality) mass media exposure for our favourite wall crawler for the next decade, at least.

-J.

I think the next couple of AF 15 auctions are going to go cuckoo. That book is just not as prevalent on the market anymore and there are lots of buyers for the book. I used to be able to find copies easily but I had a much more difficult time acquiring my current copy and that was long before these recent announcements.

I think the next couple of AF 15 auctions are going to go cuckoo. That book is just not as prevalent on the market anymore and there are lots of buyers for the book. I used to be able to find copies easily but I had a much more difficult time acquiring my current copy and that was long before these recent announcements.

I agree. Which makes me think the hobby as a whole is just over-inflated. Sooner or later, there will be a correction. There are more books being chased as "keys" now than ever in my collecting life.

I agree. Which makes me think the hobby as a whole is just over-inflated. Sooner or later, there will be a correction. There are more books being chased as "keys" now than ever in my collecting life.

that's because of all the movies being made and everyone is trying to get a piece of the action :)

This is one to watch FF 67 CGC 9.4 White Pages

FF 67 ComicConnect Event Auction

But it has a f*ugly miswrap… :sick:

Nice white copy but the mis wrap is pretty distracting...

Hey Claudio, time to sell your gems!! :)

There is a better looking 9.4 W copy currently for sale in the Comiclink focused auction. Already up to $500. I'm glad I bought my 9.6 W copy many years ago when I did.

I would be surprised if AF 15 had any more legs. Both 15 and Hulk 1 are already bursting at the seams. Great books to own because of their history but even great comics have their limits. On the flip side I'm side sure someone said the same thing about Action 1 ten years ago. doh!

I would be surprised if AF 15 had any more legs. Both 15 and Hulk 1 are already bursting at the seams. Great books to own because of their history but even great comics have their limits. On the flip side I'm side sure someone said the same thing about Action 1 ten years ago. doh!

With the success of the movies, the pool of buyers is only going to continue to grow. They may not have ever read the source material or have an LCS subscription, but the desitrability to collect the true keys will still be there...and I think it'll continue to grow as long as good movies keep getting made.

Now make a few duds...and we'll see...

Why isn't the Superman/Batman movie elevating the value of all my back issues of World's Finest?

Good question. I have always loved the concept and campiness of WF so I think they are fun to collect. I think the low value is tied to a lack of true keys (new heroes or villains introduced) . Offhand can't think of any in the series so it's slim pickings for investors who only want keys. They are fun and remind me of an innocent time so they will always be a part of my collection.

Edited by Bronx

This is one to watch FF 67 CGC 9.4 White Pages

FF 67 ComicConnect Event Auction

But it has a f*ugly miswrap… :sick:

Nice white copy but the mis wrap is pretty distracting...

Hey Claudio, time to sell your gems!! :)

You know my "gems" (actually one as the other is probably a FNVF) are my keepers, and the only two left, so no way they leave my collection – not in my lifetime anyway. :D

$7900 for a 1.5. That just destroys GPA by a whole lot.

Guess that answers the question as to whether or not spidey going to his cinematic home can give AF 15 an additional bump:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251826185111?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

0 fb winner, though.

$7900 for a 1.5. That just destroys GPA by a whole lot.

Guess that answers the question as to whether or not spidey going to his cinematic home can give AF 15 an additional bump:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251826185111?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

Wow. That's just crazy. :o

0 feedback bidder.....that has to be a shill.

Edited by *Bronze age fan*