• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, loboagain said:

Comiclink just had the following ASM books sell:

ASM #3 9.0 sold for $15,750

ASM #4 CGC 9.0 sold for $18,001

ASM #15 CGC 9.2 end at $17,200

Prices seemed strong on those 3 major villian appearances, though I would think the ASM 3 would be higher than the ASM 4. 

How can I check completed listings on Comiclink? 

I only find past featured auctions results

6 hours ago, pickycollector said:

Yes, it doesn't make sense, they both had same page quality and the 9.0 did present better except maybe for that little chip out on right edge. I think the 9.0 price was a good deal for the buyer in today's market.

4 is a tougher issue to find in my experience, That 3 was a board members old copy.

7 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

What surprised me was the ASM 3 in 8.0 that sold for $12,350!

Actually, the 8.0 result was pretty expected based on prior sales data for the ASM3.  The 9.0, however, was apparently a steal.  Had the 9.0 sold for higher, the 8.0 result would seem less suprising perhaps?   

Edited by Pantodude

I love me some ASM 3! I had two copies one was an 8.0 which I traded for a video game straight up + $1k and my other copy which I still have is a 7.5. Unless I upgrade for cheap lol, they're not going anywhere

On 5/26/2021 at 2:01 PM, marmat said:

How can I check completed listings on Comiclink? 

I only find past featured auctions results

You can look up individual books by just typing the book in the "auction" section on the left side of the home page. It will require that you sign in to see the end result. I've never tried looking for the entire list of auction results as a whole though. 

I just looked up a Marvel Spotlight 5 9.6 SS sale for example and it shows up once I log in. This is also assuming you were trying to follow specific books in the auction and you know which issues you wanted to check up on for their results. Each sale gives you end dates as to when it sold as well. 

Edited by Timeless icons

1 hour ago, postersandstuff said:

I'm considering selling Batman 181 , its VF I believe (w poster) , how much can I expect for it minimum (sending it in is prolly too expensive from overseas)

CGC 6.5 on GPA 90 day (7 sales) is 1552, and a 6.0 just sold for 980 in March; I'd imagine a raw VF copy would hit somewhere in that range (and a 7.0 just did 1906 in May)?

On 5/26/2021 at 4:29 PM, Dark Knight said:

I love me some ASM 3! I had two copies one was an 8.0 which I traded for a video game straight up + $1k and my other copy which I still have is a 7.5. Unless I upgrade for cheap lol, they're not going anywhere

I collect games as well - What VGame did you trade for if you don’t mind me asking

On 6/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, littledoom said:

FF 33 .. there’s a rumor out today that Namor, Attuma and Namora are not only already in BP 2 but Namor has already been cast for the film. Sub-Mariner 1s flying off eBay and that whole entire 1968 series has been long undervalued and overlooked. Multiple firsts like Sting Ray, Ocra, Namorita, Tiger Shark of course. Also issue 67 the first ‘new costume’. that puts Namor in a suit vs underwear giving him his known traditional look for the past 60 years

23 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I would think FF 4 would get a bump from this news.

Hopefully this brings a few Namor titles including Sub/Iron Man 1, FF4, FF6, etc. up. Long thought these undervalued and of course have them in my collection already :bigsmile:

23 hours ago, pickycollector said:

How about Tales to Astonish #70? That is the true Sub-Mariner #1 after all...

Was tracking a pair of reasonably priced 8.5 slabs, both have disappeared off eBay 🤔

On 6/8/2021 at 3:30 PM, pickycollector said:

How about Tales to Astonish #70? That is the true Sub-Mariner #1 after all...

I’m a big fan of Astonish 70, 60 and Suspense 59. 

TTA #44 + #52 showing upward movement.

#44 recouping lost ground and going up

#52 selling at new GPA highs in most grades on the back of a $4K 9.6 sale.