• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

I haven't noticed it being hot. Why do you think it is undervalued? To me it when up with the movie. Went down but still much more than before movie. Only major gains I see is if he is in another movie. Don't see people speculating on that. Although all it takes is a small group buying up all the copies then posting a article on how he is going to show up in a show. 

On 5/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, BrooksR said:

When did Sub-mariner 1 9.0 become a  2-3k book? I look every now and then because that’s the grade I have, last time I looked it was 1k or less 🤷‍♂️

Frankly, today's silver age collector acts like Marvel didn't publish any comics before 1961

1 hour ago, spiderman12 said:

I think every book I have been interested in has heated up 200% in past 12 months..I regret not buying all of the below when I look at ones I bid on but did not purchase 6 months back 🤦‍♂️

X-Men 10 and 14

SGT Fury 1

TOS 50

JIM Annual 1

X-Men 10 is hot?  Why?

The Surfer/Galactus arcs in FF 55-60 and 72-76 are starting to move up a bit. Those are likely decent books to accumulate now for when the Galactus/SS/FF movie/D+ announcement comes. You can still land high grade copies for cheap relatively speaking.

Ok, I have to ask. Is he the same Kazar from the Golden Age or not? When I was a kid, I thought yes. Then as I got older, he was considered the son, or nephew?, of the GA Kazar. Now I notice that CGC puts "1st Silver Age appearance..." which would mean he's from the GA. So which is it?

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Ok, I have to ask. Is he the same Kazar from the Golden Age or not? When I was a kid, I thought yes. Then as I got older, he was considered the son, or nephew?, of the GA Kazar. Now I notice that CGC puts "1st Silver Age appearance..." which would mean he's from the GA. So which is it?

Regardless of which it is, you would have to say that, like Zabu, he is getting long in the tooth.

4 hours ago, Gaard said:

They're different people.  SA is Kevin Plunder, GA is David Rand.

Comiclink just had the following ASM books sell:

ASM #3 9.0 sold for $15,750

ASM #4 CGC 9.0 sold for $18,001

ASM #15 CGC 9.2 end at $17,200

Prices seemed strong on those 3 major villian appearances, though I would think the ASM 3 would be higher than the ASM 4. 

Edited by loboagain

6 hours ago, loboagain said:

Comiclink just had the following ASM books sell:

ASM #3 9.0 sold for $15,750

ASM #4 CGC 9.0 sold for $18,001

ASM #15 CGC 9.2 end at $17,200

Prices seemed strong on those 3 major villian appearances, though I would think the ASM 3 would be higher than the ASM 4. 

What surprised me was the ASM 3 in 8.0 that sold for $12,350!

12 minutes ago, jeffreyk said:

What surprised me was the ASM 3 in 8.0 that sold for $12,350!

Yes, it doesn't make sense, they both had same page quality and the 9.0 did present better except maybe for that little chip out on right edge. I think the 9.0 price was a good deal for the buyer in today's market.

1 minute ago, pickycollector said:

Yes, it doesn't make sense, they both had same page quality and the 9.0 did present better except maybe for that little chip out on right edge. I think the 9.0 price was a good deal for the buyer in today's market.

I agree.  The 9.0 seems a bit low and the 8 0 on the high side.  Either way, it's nice to see such strong sales overall with these Silver Age Marvels.

Yea I was surprised too that the ASM #4 CGC 9.0 sold for more than the ASM #3 CGC 9.0 hm. Both copies had excellent eye appeal so it wasn't like the ASM #3 was weak for its grade.  The only thing I can think of as to why it sold for less was because there was also a ASM #3 CGC 8.0 copy too. It seemed like there was a buyer who may have forgotten to bid or was too late to put their max in for the 9.0 and instead, ended up bidding and possibly winning the 8.0 copy hence the high price (shrug)