• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, littledoom said:

FF 33 .. there’s a rumor out today that Namor, Attuma and Namora are not only already in BP 2 but Namor has already been cast for the film. Sub-Mariner 1s flying off eBay and that whole entire 1968 series has been long undervalued and overlooked. Multiple firsts like Sting Ray, Ocra, Namorita, Tiger Shark of course. Also issue 67 the first ‘new costume’. that puts Namor in a suit vs underwear giving him his known traditional look for the past 60 years

🤑Screenshot_20210612-222353.thumb.png.22220e3d81c57bd7a9b5f50bdaaefa45.png

4 hours ago, littledoom said:

General spec that they may be coming to the MCU

As far as good silver age characters who haven't been hinted at yet or used in the past Kazar's basically it. Sauron would definitely be the best villain for him, but I think it's more likely moving because it's one of the few late original era X Men keys and all X Men books are fire right now. 49, 54, 60, and 64 are all probably gonna see that kind of movement if they hadn't already. With the way #1 and #4 took off all the other keys will move up with them.

Hulk 1 has been trending upwards. 7.0 on Heritage cleared 69,000.00 yesterday and  6.5 went for 51,600.00. The 7.0 sale is about 7k over the last sale that was sold on a Comiclink auction recently. The 6.5 sale from yesterday was similar to the last GPA sale but short by a bit over 3k, which I'm guessing is attributed to the scratch the book had on the top front cover. Still a nice book though. Curious to see what the 8.0 on Comicconnect will close out at. :popcorn:

26 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Hulk 1 has been trending upwards. 7.0 on Heritage cleared 69,000.00 yesterday and  6.5 went for 51,600.00. The 7.0 sale is about 7k over the last sale that was sold on a Comiclink auction recently. The 6.5 sale from yesterday was similar to the last GPA sale but short by a bit over 3k, which I'm guessing is attributed to the scratch the book had on the top front cover. Still a nice book though. Curious to see what the 8.0 on Comicconnect will close out at. :popcorn:

I'm not surprised.  I think Hulk 1, FF1, and AF15 are all correcting upwards to meet X1's spikes over the past few months.

3 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

Looks like color touch removal to me

4 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

As far as good silver age characters who haven't been hinted at yet or used in the past Kazar's basically it. Sauron would definitely be the best villain for him, but I think it's more likely moving because it's one of the few late original era X Men keys and all X Men books are fire right now. 49, 54, 60, and 64 are all probably gonna see that kind of movement if they hadn't already. With the way #1 and #4 took off all the other keys will move up with them.

Funny you should mention X-Men, I've been watching X-Men 50 slowly climbing to $10,000.00 in CGC 9.8. Been watching it because I believe I might have one. But, not sure how the tan colored back cover will be affected. If CGC considers it a stain...I know, it's toast. 

Just now, ninanina said:

Funny you should mention X-Men, I've been watching X-Men 50 slowly climbing to $10,000.00 in CGC 9.8. Been watching it because I believe I might have one. But, not sure how the tan colored back cover will be affected. If CGC considers it a stain...I know, it's toast. 

Sorry, forgot to mention that price is of go collect. 

1 hour ago, ninanina said:

My hunch is that there is no way Polaris doesn't show up in the MCU movies.   I've picked up a handful of #49 and #50 over the past six months -- partly on spec, but for #50 mostly because I love the cover.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, AJLewandoski said:

I imagine Avengers #23 is gonna see a bit of a hike with Ravonna Renslayer showing up in Loki on Disney+ and even more so if she makes it to Ant Man 3. I haven't tracked the price, too many books to keep track of, so I'm not sure how far it's gone as of now. 

great cover and JRS first work for Marvel

On 6/2/2021 at 2:50 AM, bpc3qh said:

CGC 6.5 on GPA 90 day (7 sales) is 1552, and a 6.0 just sold for 980 in March; I'd imagine a raw VF copy would hit somewhere in that range (and a 7.0 just did 1906 in May)?

Thanks (gonna be expensive to grade Batman 181 with shipping back forth Europe......)

Edited by postersandstuff