• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

Brave and Bold 54 may be heating up. Listed my 9.0 OW/W on CLink this past Sunday and it sold today for full boat. $1150.

I shouldn't be surprised I guess. According to GPA a 7.0 closed for almost a grand recently. Maybe it was an upgrade candidate.

And that money won't get any of the BB25's for sale on Ebay currently. Prices have really shot up on that one.... I guess it's also pretty scarce?

63 graded copies of BB 25.

405 graded copies of BB 54.

Brave and Bold 54 may be heating up. Listed my 9.0 OW/W on CLink this past Sunday and it sold today for full boat. $1150.

I shouldn't be surprised I guess. According to GPA a 7.0 closed for almost a grand recently. Maybe it was an upgrade candidate.

And that money won't get any of the BB25's for sale on Ebay currently. Prices have really shot up on that one.... I guess it's also pretty scarce?

Yes, but in all fairness 54 has been hyped for much longer, so I guess we should expect more copies of 25 to come forth now... or it is just a tough book?

Logic would have that since it's an older book, from a much less used set of characters... that it will not have been preserved in nearly as many copies. And the CGC numbers confirm that.

Still - I am a bit surprised that it has risen that quickly..?

Gy

Yes, but in all fairness 54 has been hyped for much longer, so I guess we should expect more copies of 25 to come forth now... or it is just a tough book?

Logic would have that since it's an older book, from a much less used set of characters... that it will not have been preserved in nearly as many copies. And the CGC numbers confirm that.

I think BB25 has peaked. Even with the much higher census numbers, I think BB54 has more potential.

Gy

I think BB25 has peaked. Even with the much higher census numbers, I think BB54 has more potential.

You need to edit your signature... you already got the 55.... now you need a better 56 ;)

Gy

You need to edit your signature... you already got the 55.... now you need a better 56 ;)

Done!

Gy

Just a reminder that the Teen Titans don't appear until B&B 60.

Gy

I'm not getting roped into that argument.

Gy

And just think how IH 180 is going to heat up when people finally realize that it's the ... :D

Gy

True but 54 is still important as it is the origin story of TT.

Gy

And just think how IH 180 is going to heat up when people finally realize that it's the ... :D

Actually, in your analogy, B&B 60 is IH 181...except that Wolverine doesn't even appear for ONE panel in your IH 180!

Gy

I'm not sure that adventure was ever established as their origin in canon--do you have a source? It IS, no doubt, important and a prototype or similar listing, at least.

Gy

I'm not sure that adventure was ever established as their origin in canon--do you have a source? It IS, no doubt, important and a prototype or similar listing, at least.

In BB 60, it says that adventure inspired Robin to set up a permanent team. What other origin is there for the Titans?

Gy

In BB 60, it says that adventure inspired Robin to set up a permanent team. What other origin is there for the Titans?

BB 60 doesn't say that. Not sure if you were part of the hellish quagmire it became, but we had a whole thread on this, complete with panels posted--BB 60 refers back to BB 54, but there's no panel that says they became a team BECAUSE of the events in BB 54. They've had lots of origins over the years, depending on the team, the continuity, etc., etc... I'm sure we'll get a new origin any day now.