• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

Hulk and Wolverine are the two that continue to baffle me. Yes, they're fantastic characters but there's really nothing on the horizon for them short term. These two just keep climbing. Wish I had been able to pick up a Hulk 1, but I'm definitely not getting rid of my 181!

Hulk and Wolverine are the two that continue to baffle me. Yes, they're fantastic characters but there's really nothing on the horizon for them short term. These two just keep climbing. Wish I had been able to pick up a Hulk 1, but I'm definitely not getting rid of my 181!

Lots of stuff on the horizon for Hulk. Rumored to be in Civil War, breakout performance by Ruffalo. Hulks stock has never been higher. Wolverine is another story.

The fact that it's not notated on the label has made it a sleeper for awhile. But if you read the story, it's clearly his undisputed first appearance. He's on the splash as well.

Mordo? It's a "sleeper" because know one knew. Why did no one know? Because no one cares. I'll say it now, that one's going the way of the Mandarin after the movie's done. Don't get stuck without a dance partner when the music stops...

Mordo? It's a "sleeper" because know one knew. Why did no one know? Because no one cares. I'll say it now, that one's going the way of the Mandarin after the movie's done. Don't get stuck without a dance partner when the music stops...

lol i'll throw Aquaman #35 onto that pile. 9.0 on Clink asking $3500 :screwy:

Hype aside, Mordo is a huge doctor strange character. It is the second appearence of doctor strange as well. Maybe some of the people trying to get ST 110 and can't afford the new highs will grab this issue. Agreed on some of these bubbles. I don't think we have seen the real Mandarin yet...If we have that still makes me soooo mad that they choose that path.

Hype aside, Mordo is a huge doctor strange character. It is the second appearence of doctor strange as well. Maybe some of the people trying to get ST 110 and can't afford the new highs will grab this issue. Agreed on some of these bubbles. I don't think we have seen the real Mandarin yet...If we have that still makes me soooo mad that they choose that path.

A company like Disney is not going offend a couple billion potential movie-goers by using a character that they are very likely to find racist and offensive. I think you can rule out his use in future movies in any way that impacts the comic market

A company like Disney is not going offend a couple billion potential movie-goers by using a character that they are very likely to find racist and offensive. I think you can rule out his use in future movies in any way that impacts the comic market

Mandarin is a James Bond-type villain who lives in mountains and has plans to dominate or annihilate parts of the world. He does not identify as a Chinese citizen, but feel free to have him nuke a Chinese city if you really want to spell it out. Put a well-known Chinese actor in the role, toss around Tony and embarass Rhodey to show how tough he is. Hint at Fin Fang Foom for a sequel. Do you think anyone wouldn't like that?

As a long term collector, here's another reason this book will not go the way of the Mandarin. Its a really tough book to find. Increasingly so in 8.0 and above. As someone who was a big Dr. Strange fan 20+ years ago, the Dr. Strange issues pre-#121 are all rather tough in HG but #111 was always the toughest. And as someone else pointed out, as #110 has risen and seems to have maintained the levels its attained, its only natural that collectors start pursuing #111 instead or in addition to.

As a long term collector, here's another reason this book will not go the way of the Mandarin. Its a really tough book to find. Increasingly so in 8.0 7.5and above. As someone who was a big Dr. Strange fan 20+ years ago, the Dr. Strange issues pre-#121 are all rather tough in HG but #111 was always the toughest. And as someone else pointed out, as #110 has risen and seems to have maintained the levels its attained, its only natural that collectors start pursuing #111 instead or in addition to.

fixed

As a long term collector, here's another reason this book will not go the way of the Mandarin. Its a really tough book to find. Increasingly so in 8.0 7.5and above. As someone who was a big Dr. Strange fan 20+ years ago, the Dr. Strange issues pre-#121 are all rather tough in HG but #111 was always the toughest. And as someone else pointed out, as #110 has risen and seems to have maintained the levels its attained, its only natural that collectors start pursuing #111 instead or in addition to.

fixed

Totally agree. 111 is the toughest early Dr Strange book.

Looking at recent price action, Flash #139 is still going strong. It is funny to see that the lowly 6.5 I have on the way back from CGC is worth more than my previous 9.0 copy now. lol