• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

Just got back a nice looking Hulk 181 in 9.0 but it has (B-1) color touch on the front cover. What would a fair price for this book be today?

I'm shocked, it's been 16+ hours and no obligatory "tree fiddy"? Guess I'm the weiner. :banana:

That said, deuces wild!!! ugh carpy camera on my phone.

hulk181%20pair_zpsrbbyyds6.jpg

Edited by Spidey-fan73

Just got back a nice looking Hulk 181 in 9.0 but it has (B-1) color touch on the front cover. What would a fair price for this book be today?

I'm shocked, it's been 16+ hours and no obligatory "tree fiddy"? Guess I'm the weiner. :banana:

That said, deuces wild!!! ugh carpy camera on my phone.

hulk181%20pair_zpsrbbyyds6.jpg

Nice (thumbs u

Finally completed my trilogy!

All three are from the Marvel Art Review Collection.

"This comic book originates from the Marvel Art Review Collection, a significant collection consisting of deep runs of virtually all Marvel titles from the Silver Age through the Modern era, as well as select issues from DC and other publishers. This collection was assembled over decades by Arthur Gumbus, a passionate collector and aficionado of the comic art form. In the middle 1970s, Mr. Gumbus produced and published Marvel Art Review, an early fanzine for all things Marvel. Getting to know many of the artists and writers at Marvel personally during these booming days of Marvel fandom, Mr. Gumbus got the inside scoop directly from the source and was very active on the early convention circuit in the New York City region.

The vast majority of the issues in this collection were purchased directly off the stands as they were released and carefully tucked away. This has resulted in very rich cover colors and high page quality, with nearly all of the comics certified as having White or Off-White to White pages, regardless of the assigned grade. We are very pleased to be offering examples from this impressive collection, which represents the decades-long dedication of a passionate collector and lover of the four color page.

Each item from this collection will be accompanied by a special, ComicLink issued certificate containing information about origin of the collection."

RAD020132016211_104056.jpg

RAD410DF2014128_16581.jpg

RADA86352016211_103935.jpg

"This comic book originates from the Marvel Art Review Collection, a significant collection consisting of deep runs of virtually all Marvel titles from the Silver Age through the Modern era, as well as select issues from DC and other publishers. This collection was assembled over decades by Arthur Gumbus, a passionate collector and aficionado of the comic art form. In the middle 1970s, Mr. Gumbus produced and published Marvel Art Review, an early fanzine for all things Marvel. Getting to know many of the artists and writers at Marvel personally during these booming days of Marvel fandom, Mr. Gumbus got the inside scoop directly from the source and was very active on the early convention circuit in the New York City region.

The vast majority of the issues in this collection were purchased directly off the stands as they were released and carefully tucked away. This has resulted in very rich cover colors and high page quality, with nearly all of the comics certified as having White or Off-White to White pages, regardless of the assigned grade. We are very pleased to be offering examples from this impressive collection, which represents the decades-long dedication of a passionate collector and lover of the four color page.

Each item from this collection will be accompanied by a special, ComicLink issued certificate containing information about origin of the collection."

:applause: Great looking books, and cool history!

That's a helluva trifecta. Especially that 181. :cloud9:

By the way, did anyone else see that 9.6 on comiclink go for $7200? :o

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

:applause: Great looking books, and cool history!

+1

Very cool (thumbs u

Tree-fiddy (shrug)

Here's a nice 9.2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-9-2-Graded-CGC-Incredible-Hulk-181-/281947941315?hash=item41a56829c3:g:CxkAAOSwWTRW0ZmC

Too bad it looks to me like he shilled it up to the exact $1,850 somebody paid for it about a year ago.

GPA might actually mean something on a restored high grade book. Not.

Alright guys, I need some input. What would you rather own, especially for investment purposes...

...a CGC 4.0 signed by Wein, Trimpe, Lee, and Romita, or a CGC 7.5 without the sigs?

And what value would you place on the signed 4.0? I'm assuming around the same value as a 7.5?

Thanks!

7.5 Blue for me.

I also do not believe that 4.0 SS comes close to a 7.5 Blue price.

GPA seems to back that up.

Added note, I myself am not into SS books on Bronze and older comics. I have no idea why.... Copper and up I am all about it.

+1

+2 - Blue label might be easier to move as well due to people who don't collect sig books.

I know for myself if i did go th sig route for investment or collecting I don't think I would be interested in a VG range book just to get a sig, I think I would be dropping big $$$ on a high grade with one.

Not to say it definitely wouldn't move at a price you want just that 7.5 blue sell like hotcakes if priced at or around GPA