• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

Batman Annual 13 was offered in the Batman's Greatest Foes 4-pack Collector's Set, so that's probably where the DCU variant originated.

Good to know. What other issues were in that BGF 4-pack set?

'Tec Annual 8, Catwoman Annual 2 and LOTDK 50. 2 of the 3 are on the DCU list, with the exception being LOTDK 50, which is a shame because that would be an awesome variant.

Yeah, apparently the LOTDK didn't get a DCU for that set. The other three did, I've got the Annual 13 and the Catwoman annual (I've had two of the latter).

More that I need to confirm - My list says that I have the DC Bullet versions of Batman Adventures #20 and #22

Scans? #14 is a known bullet, and a tough one, I'm unaware of other bullet versions in this title.

FYI, page 5 of this thread has photos of a bullet cover, and the very first post shows an example of Batman Annual 13 I'd forgotten about.

Edited by mysterio

Batman Annual 13 was offered in the Batman's Greatest Foes 4-pack Collector's Set, so that's probably where the DCU variant originated.

Good to know. What other issues were in that BGF 4-pack set?

'Tec Annual 8, Catwoman Annual 2 and LOTDK 50. 2 of the 3 are on the DCU list, with the exception being LOTDK 50, which is a shame because that would be an awesome variant.

I suspect they didn't need to print more of the LOTDK #50, because they had a bazillion of them on hand...further, I suspect that's why they invented the boxes.

Gotta get rid of overstock.

More that I need to confirm - My list says that I have the DC Bullet versions of Batman Adventures #20 and #22

My collection has been hard to access and keep organized for many, many months but I did manage to find one of these BA issues, #22. However it is not a DC bullet variant, instead it is a Batman logo. Most likely #20 is the same Batman logo variant.

162154.jpg.e6e40434b3fbf34a5da449780c7d02bb.jpg

I have Wonder Woman #95 on my list of DCUs. Unless this is an error in my inventory then it will need to be added to your list. I'll look for my copy to help confirm this issue.

Add it to the list! :foryou:

Excellent! I will add it to the list !

A heads up for anyone in the Orlando area. Hudson's comics has quite a few DCU variants in their pack issues. The ones I saw were $3 each, and some were in NM condition. They didn't have any I needed, so they are still there

I know Hudson's. Been there many a times. Yes, I too have bought quite a few DCU's myself there I believe. They must have a lot, and replenish often I think. Did you get that Batman 517 there??

:golfclap:

I was very pleased to find these three difficult books, among others, between Fan Expo Dallas and some other stops on the way home. The WW is a rag, but it will do as a stand-in while I continue to hunt for a nicer copy.

FEDDCUs.jpg

It's a nice store, and I think their largest. Back in the day, their store on OBT used to be the largest - I think Kissimmee is as large or larger.

I have been to two in the last few days and they do have several Universe variants. Since I am not collecting them I didn't pick them up. They wanted between $3-6 for them.

I have to say that is probably one of the better run comic chains I have ever seen. They know their back issues better then any shop I have ever been into.

They are also exceptionally proud of their back issues. Their prices are well above ebay on many titles and especially higher on keys or hot issues.

Finding books there that they have missed or haven't marked up is an art itself.

After 2 stores I decided to look at other stores because their books are just too expensive for me to justify unless I found a few underpriced.(And I did find some just not as many as I would have liked.)