• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel film & TV rights shell game - who owns what?
5 5

345 posts in this topic

Any news on what might be going on with Subby?

He's got links to that in his master list. Marvel has the production rights, Universal has the distribution rights. Same deal with him as with Hulk.

He's got links to that in his master list. Marvel has the production rights, Universal has the distribution rights. Same deal with him as with Hulk.

Meaning he could show up in an Avengers movie. Fantastic :applause:

I doubt it. Disney hasn't done a Hulk since they bought Marvel probably because they don't like the idea of splitting profits with Universal. Putting Namor in an Avengers movie might mean Universal gets a piece of the Avengers pie that Disney doesn't want to give them.

I doubt it. Disney hasn't done a Hulk since they bought Marvel probably because they don't like the idea of splitting profits with Universal. Putting Namor in an Avengers movie might mean Universal gets a piece of the Avengers pie that Disney doesn't want to give them.

agree, the HULK is MAJOR and everyone knows him, but there's very little benefit to adding subby and splitting the profits when very few extra people will watch from the addition of subby

agree, the HULK is MAJOR and everyone knows him, but there's very little benefit to adding subby and splitting the profits when very few extra people will watch from the addition of subby

But hopefully they do work something out. Those two characters could be awesome with the right -script.

It was my understanding that they only split profits from Subby-specific movies. Isn't that how Hulk works? :shrug:

It was my understanding that they only split profits from Subby-specific movies. Isn't that how Hulk works? :shrug:

It comes down to film rights versus distribution rights for both characters.

Marvel Studios

Universal Pictures

UPDATE: Added reference article updates to Fox's Fantastic Four and X-Men film rights section.

CONFIRMED:

20th Century Fox

Marvel Studios

Sony Pictures

Universal Pictures

UNCONFIRMED/UNCLEAR

I assumed because of Excalibur that this is associated with the X-Universe. If the poster artist is right, then either this was a tradeoff with Marvel for that X-Men TV show or there was something else in the Fox contract.

Is There A CAPTAIN BRITAIN TV Show?

1iZh2tv.jpg

Captain Britain is not a mutant but his twin sister Psylocke is. I always assumed Captain Britain was a mutant.

I must have missed in here where there was any implication that this was a Marvel Studios production (or even Marvel Television)? Is this artist contracted to only work with Marvel Studios/Television? Or freelance? Because besides saying "it's being worked on", I didn't see any indication of WHO it was being worked on by. Did I miss something here?

I must have missed in here where there was any implication that this was a Marvel Studios production (or even Marvel Television)? Is this artist contracted to only work with Marvel Studios/Television? Or freelance? Because besides saying "it's being worked on", I didn't see any indication of WHO it was being worked on by. Did I miss something here?

You make a good point. This is a poster artist stating she is doing work for Marvel. It's like article writers commenting on the Deadpool movie being another Marvel Studios home run.

I honestly don't care whether the shows are produced by Fox or Marvel TV. Both have proven they could do various Marvel properties well, and poorly.

+ 1

:applause:

You make a good point. This is a poster artist stating she is doing work for Marvel. It's like article writers commenting on the Deadpool movie being another Marvel Studios home run.

I honestly don't care whether the shows are produced by Fox or Marvel TV. Both have proven they could do various Marvel properties well, and poorly.

+ 1

:applause:

Exactly. The Marvel name gets tossed out for Fox and Sony productions as well. For all we know, Captain Britain is going to be showing up in the Hellfire club TV show.