• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
8 8

4,504 posts in this topic

Thanks to Superworld, I finally got this. Classic Juvenile Delinquent story and cover. VERY hard to find.

comtalesofjustice67_zpsohxti12g.jpg

Sweet cover, how is the Crandall story inside?

I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Just thumbed it when I bought it and it looked good. Looks kind of like a Crandall cover (at least the cop). Delinquents wearing leather and "dungarees" were a big thing in those days. Kind of like the hippies of my era. There is always something kids do to off their parents!

Thanks to Superworld, I finally got this. Classic Juvenile Delinquent story and cover. VERY hard to find.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Just thumbed it when I bought it and it looked good. Looks kind of like a Crandall cover (at least the cop). Delinquents wearing leather and "dungarees" were a big thing in those days. Kind of like the hippies of my era. There is always something kids do to off their parents!

The Atlas Tales website credits the cover to Fred Kida, I really like it. I remember that I did a lot to off my parents. lol

I love all the pulps you posted. :applause:

One minor correction tho, I believe the cover to the Uncanny Stories is by J.W. Scott, not Schomburg.

There are, however, some interior illos by Schomburg and Kirby in this issue.

Schomburg cover!

pulpuncannytales_zps4b728fbd.jpg

The Atlas Tales website credits the cover to Fred Kida, I really like it. I remember that I did a lot to off my parents. lol

I've been looking for a copy (any copy) for over 10 years. I guess these just didn't sell well or were underprinted. I couldn't believe it was just sitting in one of Ted's boxes. One of my favorite books from the con.

This is one of the items everybody wants. Buck Rogers Atomic Pistol. The gun is pretty common but the box is very tough to find. I love the "features" shown on the box!I got this years ago from the original owner. I've got all the Buck Rogers guns, but this is the only one with a box.

buckrogersgunbox1_zpsws1iwsga.jpg

buckrogersgunbox2_zpso3k1wrcp.jpg

This is one of the items everybody wants. Buck Rogers Atomic Pistol. The gun is pretty common but the box is very tough to find. I love the "features" shown on the box!I got this years ago from the original owner. I've got all the Buck Rogers guns, but this is the only one with a box.

buckrogersgunbox1_zpsws1iwsga.jpg

buckrogersgunbox2_zpso3k1wrcp.jpg

2203261533_272735e1a2_z.jpg

I saw this ad in my copy of the Daisy handbook.

5466176507_056f5ab653_o.jpg

and this photo was from Toy Tent.

I almost purchased one of the space ships at the flea market but while I was waiting for the owner to walk over and give me the price, another collector scooped it up and purchased... :frustrated:

Edited by BB-Gun

Bummer! Out here "possession is 9/10ths of the law" at flea markets... Gotta have your hand on it or it is fair game. Sometimes it gets a little pushy with people scrambling for the good stuff. The one I won't back down on is when someone grabs something out of a box that you are looking in. The box is all mine 'till I step away. If you ask nicely, and I don't want it, no problem. I've seen fights break out over junk at flea markets and estate sales...

Speaking of flea markets, ole Robot Man got lucky today. Got up real early with the flashlight and landed these cool Marx trucks. Got them from a lady who did a local house clean out. These are just post war Marx toys. Love the color and bright paint. You just NEVER find them this nice. The price was incredible too!

Sand Dump Truck. Check out the shiny original grille!

truckmarxsand_zps1ctti4nh.jpg