• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Received this as a gift years and years ago...wondered if you have seen any

other editions of this book or was it a one-shot?

<a  href=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/9286959880_9e86105325_z.jpg' alt='9286959880_9e86105325_z.jpg'>IMG CHILDREN'S BIG BOOK

mm

On the Super Magician vol. 2 #3...you should post an image of that comic upside down so people can see the "chimp" on the card...that's what makes this such a cool comic!!!

20726249982_3850fd0104_b.jpg

OK, I did it for you. Hope you don't mind. :wishluck:

Received this as a gift years and years ago...wondered if you have seen any

other editions of this book or was it a one-shot?

<a  href=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/9286959880_9e86105325_z.jpg' alt='9286959880_9e86105325_z.jpg'>IMG CHILDREN'S BIG BOOK

mm

Sorry Marty but I have never seen that book. Probably a one shot.

On the Super Magician vol. 2 #3...you should post an image of that comic upside down so people can see the "chimp" on the card...that's what makes this such a cool comic!!!

20726249982_3850fd0104_b.jpg

OK, I did it for you. Hope you don't mind. :wishluck:

Not at all. I just figured you guyd could turn your computer upside dow,. Thanks BB1

These vintage board games may be of interest. When my father in-law passed a few years back he passed these on to my wife and I. They were originally collected by my wife's grandmother. My wife believes her grandmother bought these games when they were new back in the 1920's.

Roly Poly, Peg Baseball and Follow the Stars, all from the early 20's

DSCN1008.jpg

From 1927 by Parker Brothers. The "Flying Four" game is obviously cashing in on Lindberg's historic flight across the Atlantic, but there is no mention of Lindberg in the game.

FL4_box.jpg

FL4_B1.jpg

FL4_B2.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

Lastly this game has a pretty strong comic book tie in This game and the Barney Google comic books were created by cartoonist Billy DeBeck. The Barney Google comic strip began in 1919, with a comic book first appearing as Dell Four Color #19 in 1942. A second Dell FC followed in 1944 (#40)

From 1923, the Barney Google and Spark Plug game by Milton Bradley.

DSCN1018.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

These vintage board games may be of interest. When my father in-law passed a few years back he passed these on to my wife and I. They were originally collected by my wife's grandmother. My wife believes her grandmother bought these games when they were new back in the 1920's.

Roly Poly, Peg Baseball and Follow the Stars, all from the early 20's

DSCN1008.jpg

From 1927 by Parker Brothers. The "Flying Four" game is obviously cashing in on Lindberg's historic flight across the Atlantic, but there is no mention of Lindberg in the game.

FL4_box.jpg

FL4_B1.jpg

FL4_B2.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

Lastly this game has a pretty strong comic book tie in This game and the Barney Google comic books were created by cartoonist Billy DeBeck. The Barney Google comic strip began in 1919, with a comic book first appearing as Dell Four Color #19 in 1942. A second Dell FC followed in 1944 (#40)

From 1923, the Barney Google and Spark Plug game by Milton Bradley.

DSCN1018.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

Wow, awesome for sure! I've had the Barney Google. Nice early comic related game. The Flying Four blows me away. Love the metal airplane playing pieces. I also love maps. Looks like fun have you ever played it? My favorite might be the Peg Baseball. The graphics and 1920's batter are beautiful. (Sure would look great framed on my wall...). Nice to see them all so well taken care of!

Very nifty!!!

Looks like Neil the Horse in the bottom image!

Thanks Porcupine48.

Nice Dale, vintage board games are cool.

Thanks Steve. I have only the tip of the iceberg compared to your collection of board games. :cloud9:

Wow, awesome for sure! I've had the Barney Google. Nice early comic related game. The Flying Four blows me away. Love the metal airplane playing pieces. I also love maps. Looks like fun have you ever played it? My favorite might be the Peg Baseball. The graphics and 1920's batter are beautiful. (Sure would look great framed on my wall...). Nice to see them all so well taken care of!

Thanks Robot Man. Yes the games have been played, very carefully, a few times. The gloss of the game boards is what is most striking after 80+ years. I have seen the Barney Google game on Ebay a few times, but have yet to see the Flying Four game for sale.

Currently the oldest game I have is Pollyanna from 1915, but I have only the game board.

DSCN1015.jpg

Nice graphics! Thanks for showing the insides of the games.

How about some of those odd "Teen Age" comics today? These seem to be getting a lot of love these days. Used to be cheap but now it seems like I've got to fight to get them. Luckily, I've got quite a few over the years.

Aggie Mack #8 Classic Jack Kamen cover!

comaggiemack8_zpsdnn23uvn.jpg