• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Cool theme. I don't have any of these, but here's a few more coaster covers to look for:

Action Comics #46

Adventure Comics #130

Cindy Comics #35

Movie Comics #1

Thanks. I think I have the Action #46 but didn't think to look in the DC box. The others, I will have to search out.

Not really a "subset" but more an observation. Here are three that have something in common. There are probably others I'm not thinking about. I know I have a later "cold war" Fawcett, maybe Marvel Family with one of these covers. My Fawcett boxes are a little hard to get at right now. Are there more?

comsensation109jpg_zps39lgiiyy.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Cool theme. I don't have any of these, but here's a few more coaster covers to look for:

Action Comics #46

Adventure Comics #130

Cindy Comics #35

Movie Comics #1

Thanks. I think I have the Action #46 but didn't think to look in the DC box. The others, I will have to search out.

Here's the PS 5

lf_zpsrl8yfpjq.jpg

OK, this is why I call this my "junk" thread. Most of this stuff you see here is "junk" to "normal" people. A lot of it was thrown in the trash...

Case in point. One of my picker friends called me last night and said he found a comic (one comic only) IN THE TRASH! I hightailed it over to his place and this is what he handed me! My mouth hit the floor. He said "If you want it you can have it". I of course told him it was a rare issue and worth some money. He didn't ask how much and jokingly said "give me $100." I of course said "It's a deal" and now I am the proud owner of this cool book that was thrown in the junk pile.

It ain't pretty to most of you people, but I am stoked! Awsome Everett origin story that I've always wanted to own.

comamazingman5_zps24s0jnse.jpg

Any condition will do with that one!

comfunnypages42_zpsdhnf3odk.jpg
Somebody's been holding out on us :taptaptap:

Nice rarities ( and if that classic Amazing-Man issue is the one your friend just saved from the junk barn fire there is still hope other great undiscovered finds of folks not knowing( or caring) what they have still out there. :headbang:

comfunnypages42_zpsdhnf3odk.jpg
Somebody's been holding out on us :taptaptap:

Nice rarities ( and if that classic Amazing-Man issue is the one your friend just saved from the junk barn fire there is still hope other great undiscovered finds of folks not knowing( or caring) what they have still out there. :headbang:

Ya never asked...

And, yeah that #5 was in the junk pile.