• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

It ain't pretty to most of you people, but I am stoked! Awsome Everett origin story that I've always wanted to own.

comamazingman5_zps24s0jnse.jpg

$100? Yeah, you did okay on that one. (thumbs u

It ain't pretty to most of you people, but I am stoked! Awsome Everett origin story that I've always wanted to own.

comamazingman5_zps24s0jnse.jpg

Are you freaking kidding?!!? In the trash??!! :pullhair:

Well, look at it. It is pretty rough. The only damage is what you see. I like how the title on the first page almost lines up with the cover. Paper quality is pretty white. tight rust free staples. The odd thing is that it was the ONLY comic in the pile. My buddy got a bunch of old movie mags from the same era. I'm just glad he rescued it.

I was real busy last week. I set up at the All American Collector's Show. It is twice a year and features a lot of very high end toys, advertising and collectibles. And yes, on occasion comics. (This is where I met the seller of the "Paul" collection). I brought a lot of stuff I thought was unusual and would sell. It turned out pretty good. An added bonus. It has been tripple digits temp wise for a week so the thought of being inside a nice air conditioned building for a few days worked out real well!

Here are pictures of my booth. I didn't bring comics as it not really the focus of the show. This will give you an idea of the stuff I run into for re-sale.

glendale%201_zps6dozuggp.jpg

glendale%202_zpswjqutniv.jpg

glendale%203_zpsuqjsej1g.jpg

glendale%204_zps75mrc8fp.jpg

glendale%205_zpscmpz1frg.jpg

glendale%206_zpsicinldoq.jpg

As always, there is always a few people with some comics, magazines, paper ect. I picked up a real nice War Comics #11 (flamethrower cover), a very high grade early Felix the Cat four color and this from a guy. Toy guys don't use Overstreet so I was real happy.

Never have seen this one before.

comsupermagicianv23_zpsv5runxps.jpg

It was a Friday-Saturday show and I needed to burn some of new ill gotton wealth so I braved the heat and went to the antique flea marked on Sunday. I picked up a great 1938 Baseball Trophy, a cool turn of the century advertising tin, then, I ran into this lady. A guy had just beat me to a small pile of BA comics in her booth for $3. each. Missed a Howard the Duck #1 that looked pretty nice. But then I heard her say she also had some "girly" magazines. I think I soiled my pants when I saw these. I just never see these any more and they were in beautiful shape to boot. Oh, then she pulled out the 1933 Weird Tales mag and threw it into the $3. comic pile after the other guy left. A good weekend indeed!

girlymagazinelot_zpsjja3bazz.jpg

girlypulplot_zpsq7lfhcc0.jpg

I was real busy last week. I set up at the All American Collector's Show. It is twice a year and features a lot of very high end toys, advertising and collectibles. And yes, on occasion comics. (This is where I met the seller of the "Paul" collection). I brought a lot of stuff I thought was unusual and would sell. It turned out pretty good. An added bonus. It has been tripple digits temp wise for a week so the thought of being inside a nice air conditioned building for a few days worked out real well!

Here are pictures of my booth. I didn't bring comics as it not really the focus of the show. This will give you an idea of the stuff I run into for re-sale.

glendale%206_zpsicinldoq.jpg

Awesome display of vintage collectibles there. I know my father in-law would have bargained with you over the toy trucks on the top shelf. He had an entire display cabinet full of tootsie toy cars, jeeps and trucks. In addition he had quite a few Greyhound buses and assorted other vehicles. A lot of this collection was "overflow" for what was needed to dress up his toy train layout. He had an awesome collection of American Flyer trains with a table that was 12 by 20 feet to hold it all. Well not quite all, he also had at least 50 feet of wall space to display his American Flyer trains.

Edited by frozentundraguy

"HAD"? I don't like the sound of that. Didn't he give you any?

Sadly he passed away a few years ago. I didn't really have room for the toy vehicles, but he did give me a long box of comics one Christmas. (thumbs u

I also received a fairly cool Disney TV tray, that looks to be form the 50's or 60's. I will take a photo of that and post it here.

It was a Friday-Saturday show and I needed to burn some of new ill gotton wealth so I braved the heat and went to the antique flea marked on Sunday. I picked up a great 1938 Baseball Trophy, a cool turn of the century advertising tin, then, I ran into this lady. A guy had just beat me to a small pile of BA comics in her booth for $3. each. Missed a Howard the Duck #1 that looked pretty nice. But then I heard her say she also had some "girly" magazines. I think I soiled my pants when I saw these. I just never see these any more and they were in beautiful shape to boot. Oh, then she pulled out the 1933 Weird Tales mag and threw it into the $3. comic pile after the other guy left. A good weekend indeed!

Wow.im in love.

Wow.im in love.

+1!!! Some of those mags are killer. A quick look on ebay and some of those same covers have been used for other items like mousepads and cig cases. Very cool!!!

Wow.im in love.

T I TT E R is this the golden age precusor to the Al Bundy generation BIG UNS :grin:

Very nice score on the mags, Bob - wish I would have known about the show, would have brought my boxes of WWII lead toys for you to look at.

Hi Steve, You know, I didn't think to mention it here. As it is primarily a toy and advertising show and figured most people here wouldn't care. In your backyard in Glendale. They have it twice a year in Jan and Aug. The third Friday and Sat weekends of the month. I will announce it next time...