• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

IMG_3292_zpspavpqmua.jpg

Quick question. Those two "I'm helping Smokey" "Prevent forest fires" that are yellow at bottom left. What are they? Do you bend the top part to wear it on a pocket or a lapel (and those have simply never been bent) or do they serve another purpose?

Those are called "tab pins". Yes, they folded over at the top and were inserted into a button hole or lapel. I have a lot of them. Hard to find un-bent. Usually after a few bends they broke. His are nice and look to be all un-bent.

I'd forgotten about tab pins. That was a pretty common type of giveaway in the sixties. I think museums in NY used them as entry tickets through the nineties, maybe to this day.

Good cheap Yankee ingenuity there!

Those are called "tab pins". Yes, they folded over at the top and were inserted into a button hole or lapel. I have a lot of them. Hard to find un-bent. Usually after a few bends they broke. His are nice and look to be all un-bent.

Thank you again! :thumbsup:

A few of my Mickey Mouse BLB's

blbmickey1_zpszakhyqrd.jpg

blbmickey2_zpsduvttxo3.jpg

love me some BLBs as well. I used to have hundreds of them, in high grade. sold them all to Ken Stribling many years ago. I wonder if he still has them? hm

since then, I've reacquired a hundred or so again that I really enjoy. grades are all over the place this time

A few of my Mickey Mouse BLB's

blbmickey1_zpszakhyqrd.jpg

blbmickey2_zpsduvttxo3.jpg

love me some BLBs as well. I used to have hundreds of them, in high grade. sold them all to Ken Stribling many years ago. I wonder if he still has them? hm

since then, I've reacquired a hundred or so again that I really enjoy. grades are all over the place this time

I believe Ken sold his collection to Geppi a few years ago. Geppi was pimping them but it never went any where. Other than me and a few others I have found that "comic book" guys love comic books. At best, some have a few BLB's, pulps, ect. But comics are their focus. I obviously have a problem with my focus...

I love Big Little books! :cloud9: If I couldn't find a comic I wanted at the TG&Y I would look for a Big Little book. I've frequently thought of picking up the Disney ones but I have never done so; they would be another thing to store somewhere.