• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Great books RM, that title has some really cool covers, and outside of Walclark, I didn't think any other boardie had nice couple of issues run. A few have come to market but I've bowed out in the end( because like Lays potato chips " you can't have just one" and don't want to be sucked into another title or run I'd be compelled to try and have a deep run of. But there are two issues in particular I wouldn't pass up if I had the chance lol . Thanks for posting.

That #38 reminds me of the More Fun #65? with the Spectre in the mirror. I really like that #46 too. I sold that one years ago and have never replaced it. After the mid #40's it seems like there are mostly a lot of kind of boring boxing covers. I actually like to read my comics and I really like the Green Lama so my interest level really dies off after he went away.

Hi RM,

This thread and your postings of your collection have been incredible and amazing!

Did you ever have any interest in collecting original comic art? You've been doing this so long that I'm sure you've had chances over the years...especially when it was much more affordable...

If you never had interest, why not?

Regards,

LD

You said in the Okajima thread you have three. Care to share them? (Or at least share pics)

I'm pretty sure I posted them there but here are the three I was thinking about. Steve Ritter said the Cap #28 was the earliest he had seen. I have several others but they aren't "camp" books.

Great books Bob!

OK, my offering today is mostly for Yellow Kid. The rest of you can click back to the HA thread now.

Early Disney Pinbacks. There are a lot of them from the very early 1930's to the present. For the most part I only collect them from the '30's. These are the best of the best.

The Santa one is from a theatre and my favorite. The Converse Shoes is the only one I've ever seen. Some aren't the best of condition but I have learned that one cannot be pickey. Some are so rare that you pick up ANY example you can find because that might be your only opportunity.

mickeypins1_zpsjjfhlnzr.jpg

Edited by Robot Man