• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

The best one of all in my opinion is More Fun #65. I used to have a nice copy but it went a few years ago to pay part of my daughter's college education. A noble and very worthy cause but I still miss it.

I believe Richard or maybe Bill have the Church copy. Feel free to post it and make me look like a piker. Or, if any body has any others, I'd love to see 'em.

Here ya go RM. I love it too,and think it's the best mirror cover as well.

morefun65_zpshpnkoe7q.jpg

Yup!

morefun65.jpg

Alrighty then, I see your beautiful Church More Fun 65 and raise you a crappy Green Hornet #9!

green%20hornet%209_zps0j6klfhj.jpg

Love that cover! (thumbs u

The best one of all in my opinion is More Fun #65. I used to have a nice copy but it went a few years ago to pay part of my daughter's college education. A noble and very worthy cause but I still miss it.

I believe Richard or maybe Bill have the Church copy. Feel free to post it and make me look like a piker. Or, if any body has any others, I'd love to see 'em.

Yup!

morefun65.jpg

This is by far my favorite Spectre cover. I can't think of too many "superheroes" that would scare me more if I was a lawbreaker. Heck, it might even be my favorite DC GA cover. I really gotta get another copy one of these days... Thanks for posting your copies gents.

I've thought of this for a long time. Wouldn't he perfect for a movie? Just think of the special effects. I know he would be dark and sinister enough for today's audiences, just need a good plot.

Heck, it might even be my favorite DC GA cover.

I agree. It is certainly at, or near, the top of a very short list for me...

A few others on that list are Detective 31, Superman 23, Adventure 79 and maybe Batman 9. There are a couple of Flash covers that I really like as well, but none of them as much as More Fun 65.

More Fun #54 would be right up there too.

I like 54 as well, and it is rightly listed as a classic, but as More Fun covers go I prefer 56 over 54. It would be interesting to rank them top down.

Mine list would go something like 65, 56, 54, then 61,69 and 71 which are kind of interchangeable to me, then it gets tough. I do know that 62 would be near the bottom of my list.

morefun56.jpg

morefun69.jpg

morefun71.jpg

morefun60.jpg

Mine list would go something like 65, 56, 54, then 61,69 and 71 which are kind of interchangeable to me, then it gets tough.

For me, it's: MF 54, 56, 65, and then 61. I like the 55 and 71 too.

Haven't been able to replace the MF 56 since I moved the Church copy long ago, would actually prefer a restored if I could find the right copy.

Phenomenal books (as always), Richard.

More Fun #54 would be right up there too.

I like 54 as well, and it is rightly listed as a classic, but as More Fun covers go I prefer 56 over 54. It would be interesting to rank them top down.

Mine list would go something like 65, 56, 54, then 61,69 and 71 which are kind of interchangeable to me, then it gets tough. I do know that 62 would be near the bottom of my list.

morefun56.jpg

morefun69.jpg

morefun71.jpg

morefun60.jpg

Ok MrBedrock what dont you have :preach: What was that # 73 :popcorn:

73 was never high on my want list, and it is non-existent now that it has gotten so expensive.

73 was never high on my want list, and it is non-existent now that it has gotten so expensive.

Thats cool. (thumbs u I like you Richard But ( I like your books more. )

Sometime we will have to get together you do have Great books and your not as bad as the board says :screwy: I think your Marvel collection is as good as my Action 1 to 20 rantrant when i find the other 17 :roflmao:

O forgot that i have 2 more under 20 so when i get the other 15

Edited by woowoo

Mine would be:

The More Fun 54 and the 65 as my two favorites!

I have owned the Larson, Nova Scotia, and a 8.5 non-pedigree of the #54. With the Church/Mile High copy of Richard's, the colors are extremely vibrant, a stunning copy of a classic cover.

I have always liked these two the most. The mirror covers have always been been used in various genre's. The Shadow used a mirror cover in a similar way back in 1935, and it is a neat cover as well.

The Shadow "Plot Master" from my collection (circa. 1935)

Plot%20Master%204%20group2%20-%20Copy_zps4w9cjquu.jpg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

I'm SO happy to see that you cracked it out of the slab Russell!!! Now we can enjoy the ENTIRE book ;) Well done!!! :applause:

Mine would be:

The More Fun 54 and the 65 as my two favorites!

I have owned the Larson, Nova Scotia, and a 8.5 non-pedigree of the #54. With the Church/Mile High copy of Richard's, the colors are extremely vibrant, a stunning copy of a classic cover.

I have always liked these two the most. The mirror covers have always been been used in various genre's. The Shadow used a mirror cover in a similar way back in 1935, and it is a neat cover as well.

The Shadow "Plot Master" from my collection (circa. 1935)

Plot%20Master%204%20group2%20-%20Copy_zps4w9cjquu.jpg

Dwight

That's awesome Dwight. Great to see a pulp with this theme. Thanks for posting it!

Terry O'Neil's 2016 show is in the books... Hey Gang, as promised, here is a report from one of the smaller sellers.

I rarely sell at comic book shows but NEVER miss this one. It was a rainy, windy and cold day. Perfect to be inside geeking over old funny books. It is a small show but strictly vintage comics. No toys, T-shirts, movie people or cosplayers. It was amazing all the out of towners who showed up for this show. Dealers from out of town who were either set up or shopping included, Teddy from Superworld, Jamie Graham, Harley, A-1 Comics, Gary Doldoff and others. Even Theo Holstein showed up! Carbo set up next to me again and even brought his dad Tony. A great older gentleman who still has a way with the ladies. He told me a lot of stories of Mike growing up. A real fun guy! Terry knows how to put on a show and the attendance is a testament to it.

Saw a TON of boardies here and met many for the first time. Included (please excuse me if I miss anyone or spell your board name wrong) were TricolorBrian, Secentaur, Bitter Old Man, Hap Hazzard, Forbush Man, Coric, Dr. Love and others. There were also a ton of other boardies there that I didn't meet officially.

Sales: One of the best shows of any kind I have ever done. The place was packed elbow to elbow all day. At times I had people waiting to get into my booth. And they came to spend. The first hour or two I couldn't take money or write down my sales fast enough. Maybe it was because I was "fresh meat" to most of these guys, or my inventory which consisted of mostly low to mid grade material. Half my booth was 1/2 guide SA Marvel/DC, Disney, Humor stuff. I also brought a lot of weird GA and maybe one box of real "good stuff". I like having affordable and different stuff. I had many return customers and dealers all day. Several mentioned I had the best prices there. (I guess I was too cheap). One rule I have comes from being an attendee at cons is not to officially set up until the doors open to the public. When the doors open, I take the lids off the boxes and quickly put up my pre-selected wall books. Many of my wall books were priced fairly but firm and this didn't seem to deter many. This way, everybody get an even chance to pick the Robot Man.

Notable Sales off the top of my head were: Our Army at War #83, Thrilling #44 (Hitler cover), Incredible Hulk #181, Amazing Spiderman 2,14 and 129, War Comics #11, Peter Panda #5, Four Color #178, Spellbound #17, Werewolf by Night #32, Archie Annual #1, Journey into Mystery #85, Rawhide Kid #22, Suspense #8, Exciting #23 and ton of Suzie, My friend Irma and Millie the Model all at well over guide. The bread and butter half price stuff that I didn't want any more was easily over half my sales. A lot of room in the boxes coming home.

Buys: As I said, I don't officially set up until the doors open and I get there VERY early (I guess the flea market junkie in me). So I set up the rack and arranged the boxes and went shopping! I got a pretty good pile probably as good as I would get at a large show. Here are some notable buys:

On a tip from a boardie whom I don't remember (sorry but thanks) was this book that I had been looking for years for. I rarely buy much from Harley. A real nice guy but a little loose grade wise some times and usually pretty pricey. Both the boardie who told me about it and myself he might have screwed up on this. I was the lucky buyer out of one of his boxes.

comhoneymoonromance_zps2cueovdl.jpg