• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Nice Outcault postcard BB! Where is the Yellow Kid when you need him?

And, to answer your question, why yes I do. As well as some cool Victorian valentines with motorcycles, cars and zeppelins too. But that is all the love you're getting from me today.

But stay tuned, tomorrow is Presidents' Day...

:applause: Cool!

There's a cool early Timely with an FDR cover that's top notch also. Can't think off hand of any other golden age president covers (outside of Funny animal genre) and the Prize you posted. I'm sure there are more, i'm just drawing a blank :insane:

Also, another one of my favorite MAD covers. How many can you name?

Not to be political or anything (it is of course President's day), but this choice makes about as much sense as anybody running for President this time! Hey, even Pakistan agrees!

mad56_zpso3g6lsis.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Was looking at my sci-fi pulps the other day and noticed something I had never noticed. Anyone else see the similarity? Looks like a pretty blatant swipe to me. Even the eyes are similar.

I remember buying this exact Jimmy Olsen off the stands. I just couldn't resist the cover.

pulpthrillingwonderjolsen_zpsria0or1z.jpg

Was looking at my sci-fi pulps the other day and noticed something I had never noticed. Anyone else see the similarity? Looks like a pretty blatant swipe to me. Even the eyes are similar.

I remember buying this exact Jimmy Olsen off the stands. I just couldn't resist the cover.

:o

Great find on this one. Don't know if i've ever seen an SA DC cover swiped from a pulp cover. hm

I was just looking at this on my screen saver. It brought me to thinking of all the crazy ways comic artists portrayed death on comics. I mean do you really need the "slide of death"? Wouldn't it be just simplier to throw the girl into the fire pit and be done with it? I guess it's just more fun to hear her squeel as she slides down to her doom. And what's with the boiling ore? Is it a booby trap? How did they know that that is just the spot that the Dynamic Man was going to bust through the dungeon wall? Gotta love Alex Schomburg!

mystic%202_zpsn1jbiabv.jpg