• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

An unusual English horror book that has pre-code Atlas and Fawcett contents:

comspellboundenglish_zps7945bcc9.jpg

I've a few of these,love them.Black and white,sometimes not the greatest printing inside,like a bad carbon copy,but love them.

I have that one too but none of the others. Love that Avon giant.

I was asked about these. The Supermen of Great Britian is one of only two I know of. This is an example of each variation of the club pins. The smaller one was a wartime issue for only a few months and is also quite scarce.

supeclubpins_zps44afa6a2.jpg

Great collection!

I was asked about these. The Supermen of Great Britian is one of only two I know of. This is an example of each variation of the club pins. The smaller one was a wartime issue for only a few months and is also quite scarce.

supeclubpins_zps44afa6a2.jpg

(thumbs u (worship)

Since I showed you the Superman club pins the other day, I thought you might want to see the rest of my Superman pins.

First up are 3 Austrailian pins from the '40/'50's. All the Austrailian Supe pins I know of:

supeaustrailanpins_zpsbde611c6.jpg

Next are 3 Superman badges from the '40's. The round one in the center is a Canada club pin and pretty un-common. The other 2 die cut ones are US gum badges. Some where, I have the papers for them.

supebadges_zpsc8eb4a27.jpg

One of my favorites is the Superman in the Pin. It is a newspaper pin from Northern CA I believe. It was given out in 1940 to promote the newspaper strip. It is pretty large at 1-1/2" and real tough to find.

supedemocratpin1_zps9863289b.jpg

Not real rare but another of my favorites is the Superman Muscle Club button. It came in the Muscle Kit in early 1950's. Wayne Boring art. I love the colors.

supemuscleclubpin_zps2a7b10de.jpg

Last are the 2 1939 and 1940 Superman Action comics pins, the 2 Superman Tim shoe store pins from the '40's and a Superman Pep Cereal pin.

supemiscpins_zpsdaffd267.jpg

There are only 3 or 4 other Golden age Superman pins I know of but they are so rare, I doubt I'll ever have them...

Hey Kids! Comics! Today, I will feature some more obscure horror type comics. Not the usual stuff but some more "fringe" areas of the genre.

comrolypoly_zps43113ce7.jpg

Paul Reinman was pretty tame when working for DC but he made some gruesome splash pages for MLJ.

15692757263_d82ba0d1cb_c.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun