• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Thanks for the clarification Richard. I heard the story many years ago from Terry. Guess I got them mixed up. Sounds like something that would happen to Terry and David. Either way, a classic story!

Got any good stories you can share? The stuff comes and goes but the back stories are what makes it fun!

Thanks Forbush-Man. I'm not trying to impress here. Just introduce some other cross collecting material that is not usually seen by comic collectors. Hope you have fun!

Wow Robot Man the Don Winslow stuff is very impressive :) I have never even seen that statue before !

Everything in this thread is impressive. :cloud9:

Hi Cat. That ship puzzle is awsome. I love those early pieces. The printing is so vivid. My wife gets those from time to time (not like yours). The Marvel Mystery painting is breathtaking. It is one of my favorite MM covers. Is it a Schomburg recreation?

Absolutely. :cloud9:

I had to manup for a nice copy a few years ago. But, I've sure got a case of the Lil PP's now!

The nice copy you snagged is probably the officially licensed art print. It was produced in two forms, the signed/numbered limited edition, and an unsigned version. I believe the signed editions were limited to 300 and the unsigned we're limited to 1500 each (Alex did three licensed prints of popular Timely covers from the many cover recreations commissioned in the 70's & 80's). Of course, this is from memory, I'll have to do a fact check to verify numbers and provide info. on the art-print's publisher.

Love this thread! :)

[font:Comic Sans MS]Moar kewl stuff! [/font] :insane:

Vintage, depression era Monopoly sets (circa 1936) and part of a toy train engine...

David, did you know that the early editions of Monopoly, produced in Italy during fascism, use fascist street names some of which no longer exist (they have been changed in post-war editions).

I discovered this just recently and found it awesome! :D

Thanks for the clarification Richard. I heard the story many years ago from Terry. Guess I got them mixed up. Sounds like something that would happen to Terry and David. Either way, a classic story!

Got any good stories you can share? The stuff comes and goes but the back stories are what makes it fun!

Ain't that the truth lol

Great stuff here Robot Monster Man. Great collection of comic book ephemera - which sounds even weirder when one says it.

Hi Cat. That ship puzzle is awsome. I love those early pieces. The printing is so vivid. My wife gets those from time to time (not like yours). The Marvel Mystery painting is breathtaking. It is one of my favorite MM covers. Is it a Schomburg recreation?

Absolutely. :cloud9:

I had to manup for a nice copy a few years ago. But, I've sure got a case of the Lil PP's now!

The nice copy you snagged is probably the officially licensed art print. It was produced in two forms, the signed/numbered limited edition, and an unsigned version. I believe the signed editions were limited to 300 and the unsigned we're limited to 1500 each (Alex did three licensed prints of popular Timely covers from the many cover recreations commissioned in the 70's & 80's). Of course, this is from memory, I'll have to do a fact check to verify numbers and provide info. on the art-print's publisher.

I was talking about the original comic. Those prints are Kewl too!

Next in line is Porcupine. I've got LOTS of old Felix stuff. Here is the picture of the large composition yellow figure. Also a cool red plaster carnival statue. I thought I also had the large black compo fig but guess It is gone.

But, my favorite Felix item is the large curved glass, hand colored photo from the 1920's. My wife pointed it out to me at Brimfield one year. Probably one of a kind.

Enjoy!

felix2bigfigs_zps0593a9dd.jpg

felixphoto_zps4dbe1ee3.jpg

Thank you sir!That photo sure is sweet.

Does my Felix tattoo count as a collectable? ;)

I picked up a few more cool "Paul" books this week. The gravy train on this collection has pretty well run dry. Will now have to find them in the wild like stray Larsons or Riley books. (It does happen from time to time).

commorefun98paul_zps9caa6031.jpg

comgiantcom4paul_zpsba31a924.jpg

compep56paul_zps15809492.jpg

Vaavaavooom Betty!!!!

Next in line is Porcupine. I've got LOTS of old Felix stuff. Here is the picture of the large composition yellow figure. Also a cool red plaster carnival statue. I thought I also had the large black compo fig but guess It is gone.

But, my favorite Felix item is the large curved glass, hand colored photo from the 1920's. My wife pointed it out to me at Brimfield one year. Probably one of a kind.

Enjoy!

felix2bigfigs_zps0593a9dd.jpg

felixphoto_zps4dbe1ee3.jpg

Thank you sir!That photo sure is sweet.

Does my Felix tattoo count as a collectable? ;)

Depends on your age :preach:

It was raining all weekend so no flea markets for Robotman. He did use his time wisely and took a bunch of photos for the bucket.

First up is something for Richard. The Yellow Kid Pin Cushion is late 1890's. I got it on eBay way back when I started around 2000. My wife found it listed under "Black Americana" so I got it for a song.

The Amos and Andy piece is a heavy pot metal painted paperweight. I was told it was a gift from the studios to special people. Probably from the 1930's and cool as all heck!

yellowkidamosandy_zps170d4baf.jpg