• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I didn't get a chance during the week so a quick revisit to the tubes with a group shot. Tubes, maybe a glass jar, or even a bubble, either way if you look close enough you may notice that even Gents aren't immune to this form of apprehension :o

27410885341_811c4ae6f1_b.jpg

I didn't get a chance during the week so a quick revisit to the tubes with a group shot. Tubes, maybe a glass jar, or even a bubble, either way if you look close enough you may notice that even Gents aren't immune to this form of apprehension :o

27410885341_811c4ae6f1_b.jpg

All nice ones Gino. That Marvel Science Stories looks awfully familiar...

Here's a tube of a different sense.

comtalesfromthetube_zpsnrrczvxc.jpg

The Popeye game is very cool. Looks like it is in great shape with all of the pieces. Did you get it at the Rose Bowl or at Vet's Stadium?

Thanks Rich. I knew you would appreciate it. The guy I bought it from said it came out of a box that was put away over 50 years ago. Just goes to show, just when we think everything has been un-earthed, more stuff keeps turning up.

Oh, I got it at neither. It was at the Pasadena City College flea Market. Rose Bowl is next weekend and Vet's Stadium is the week after that.

My grand daughter's first comics. My daughter is horrified that I am going to turn her into a "geek" Looks like it is working. I brought her over a few kid friendly ones and she gravitated right away to the Simpsons. She already likes books and that is a good thing. They were worried she would damage them but who cares. Needless to say, these are no longer "mint condition" but well worth it to see that smile...

blakelycomics_zps8jo9stco.jpg

My grand daughter's first comics. My daughter is horrified that I am going to turn her into a "geek" Looks like it is working. I brought her over a few kid friendly ones and she gravitated right away to the Simpsons. She already likes books and that is a good thing. They were worried she would damage them but who cares. Needless to say, these are no longer "mint condition" but well worth it to see that smile...

blakelycomics_zps8jo9stco.jpg

Very cute! Here's my daughter. Geek girl already!

27215978340_5952aec16d_o.jpg

Edited by Knightsofold

What a cutie. Isn't Simpsons a bit "mature" for a toddler? :baiting:

Oh, I don't know about that. She can't read yet. I gave her My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake and a few others. She took a quick look and threw them on the floor. This one she paged all the way through and the look on her face tells all.

When my kids were growing up I pretty much let them read what they wanted, listen to what they wanted and watch what they wanted. I was always VERY aware of it. I explaned life to them and to be responsible for their choices. They always told me the truth (when I asked) and we had a very trusting and honest relationship. They eventually grew out of a lot of things I didn't really care for. They turned into very responsible, sucessful and good humans.

Anybody else have pics of their kids or grandkids with comics? Or your self as a kid with yours? The best ones are the ones that the kids actually own.

Hey, Robotman...... you'd likely know the answer to this..... back sometime in the late 60's there was a toy set that featured Bonanza..... figurines with some sort of Diorama or props that went with it..... do you know anything about it? ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u