• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting all the nice pictures of people actually reading comics from earlier times!

No concerns over Newton's rings, waviness in plastic cases, auctions prices, investment potential or other "pressing issues". :grin:

Big time Texas comic book dealer who now owns the Church Timely collection. How would you like to buy out this wall at 1981 prices?

johnverzyl1981c_zpsmdyopret.jpg

I'll bet the 1981 prices for those Conans were about what they are now.

Why nobody love Conan no more?

Big time Texas comic book dealer who now owns the Church Timely collection. How would you like to buy out this wall at 1981 prices?

...... my that must have been a while back..... Blackhawk's were still wall books..... some damn good comics those are.......... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I read somewhere that Obama collected Conans as a kid.

Just a miscellaneous bit of trivia -- no political inferences should be drawn! :D

...... my that must have been a while back..... Blackhawk's were still wall books..... some damn good comics those are.......... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Would you say Crandall is up there with Simon and Kirby in the list of GA artists that were once the cat's meow but are now kinda not? hm

Would you say Crandall is up there with Simon and Kirby in the list of GA artists that were once the cat's meow but are now kinda not? hm

:sorry:

Yes.... not that I understand it........ Bill Ward also....... and who could not want a Modern Comics with a Crandall Blackhawk and Ward Torchy ? GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

I like Moderns. In fact, I don't have enough of them :sorry: Here are a few -

Modern%2063_zpsr271lipm.jpg

Modern%2069_zpsciyfa5og.jpg

Modern%2077_zpsjqcifg3k.jpg

You only want Moderns that grade 9.8!

Was funnier in my head that when I wrote it out. :sorry:

I don't think I liked Conan even then (other than the Barry Smith art)