• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Got lucky at the flea market yesterday. Another one I didn't have. Pays to get up early...

supepuzzle_zpscwcqhw5j.jpg

Love it RM! Always cool to see classic Superman items of all types.

I look forward to this show all year long. It is my "big one". I save my dough and spend like a drunken sailor... Since I can't handle SDCC anymore, this is the next best thing. A nice sized bigger show.

I noticed this year how the "Gold and Silver Pavilion" is more like a lost step child stuck way down in the end. But these are my people. A great chance to box dig, hand with my buddies and check out what comic cons have become.

There were plenty of dealers and my thanks to guys like Richie Evans, Bob Storms, Jamie Graham and others for making the long trip out to sunny CA to bring us treasure.

IMG_0655_zpsr0ydlf5y.jpg

My first stop of the day was to my buddy Brad at F-VF. He has been working a nice collection of GA from an old couple in Santa Barbara, CA. They are both in their 80's, bought these books off the stands (in multiples sometimes). Most look unread or at least, VERY nice shape. Great selection and VERY fair prices. He had some at Terry's show and they got scooped up quick. He brought his last few boxes to this show and I hit them hard. 

IMG_0659_zpsdevgmefb.jpg

After drinking my fill from Brad, I made a beeline over to our own Bedrock City. I didn't see and breath mints, just tons of great books and pulps. He knows what I like so he had a box ready for me to jump into. I got a nice pile of coverless mostly Timely comics and pulps at half price! Didn't realizr it at the time but there was a coverless Subby 12 that I needed a centerfold for in that pile! Then I hit the wall and boxes for the rest. Had a great time, talking comics, baseball and sharing stories and some laughs with him a Dr. Love who was camping out with him. I left with a VERY large pile! Thanks Richard, it was fun. Good luck to your Astros when the play my boys in blue!

IMG_0676_zpsm1w2tblq.jpg

IMG_0677_zpssape6wal.jpg

IMG_0675_zpskbzvmnzf.jpg

My buddy Sal from the Bay Area had to suffer with this cosplay across from his booth all day. I was so distracted, I forgot to take a shot of his great booth... It took me a second to get it. but when I noticed the "movement", I realized that this pretty lady had no top on. Just wow!

IMG_0694_zpszqt0mgkn.jpg