• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I haven't done a subset in a while and thought this might be an interesting one.

They say television was the end of comic books. I can see that logic. But although I watched a fair amount of TV growing up, I also read a ton of comics, books and magazines. Living on the west coast, I was more likely riding my skateboard and bike and playing baseball. 

Here's a little group of TV set comics for your entertainment.

An early one

comblackterror12_zpswwlatsso.jpg

On 2/23/2017 at 2:31 PM, Robot Man said:

I haven't done a subset in a while and thought this might be an interesting one.

They say television was the end of comic books. I can see that logic. But although I watched a fair amount of TV growing up, I also read a ton of comics, books and magazines. Living on the west coast, I was more likely riding my skateboard and bike and playing baseball. 

Here's a little group of TV set comics for your entertainment.

An early one

comblackterror12_zpswwlatsso.jpg

Now that's a big screen T.V.!

12 hours ago, woowoo said:

They have consistently been going between 2k-3k for the set. I am sure that RM has one!!

Yeah, Archie is right. I would generally say on the higher side generally. It's a very popular item. I know David Merryweather recently got one. I don't know what he paid but they don't go cheap.

The one you are refering to has a short but interesting history. It was found at an estate sale in November. The buyer took it to the Rose Bowl flea market and sold it to a friend of mine for $100. He wasn't aware of it's value and said the guy also had a Silver Streak Capt. Battle kit for the same price. I have the button but have never seen the paper work. I rushed over but it was already gone. My friend sold it to Carbo and David Arnold for $1,700. I believe. They put it on the bay starting at around $3,200 and kept coming down until it sold for around $2,200 I believe. That buyer (Toytent) put it up on the bay started it at $9.99 and you saw what it went for. So it has traveled around extensively for the past couple months. Hopefully, the new buyer will treasure it and give it a good home. But these days, it's all about the "Benjamins" so who knows.

Here's mine with the envelope for the copper version badge as well. NFS thanks for asking...

captamericakit_zps4615d5da.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, Archie is right. I would generally say on the higher side generally. It's a very popular item. I know David Merryweather recently got one. I don't know what he paid but they don't go cheap.

The one you are refering to has a short but interesting history. It was found at an estate sale in November. The buyer took it to the Rose Bowl flea market and sold it to a friend of mine for $100. He wasn't aware of it's value and said the guy also had a Silver Streak Capt. Battle kit for the same price. I have the button but have never seen the paper work. I rushed over but it was already gone. My friend sold it to Carbo and David Arnold for $1,700. I believe. They put it on the bay starting at around $3,200 and kept coming down until it sold for around $2,200 I believe. That buyer (Toytent) put it up on the bay started it at $9.99 and you saw what it went for. So it has traveled around extensively for the past couple months. Hopefully, the new buyer will treasure it and give it a good home. But these days, it's all about the "Benjamins" so who knows.

Here's mine with the envelope for the copper version badge as well. NFS thanks for asking...

So it seems as if the eBay seller lost a few hundred on it after fees.  I wonder if eBay was the right venue for it. 

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I would have kept it. I don't sell books/comic things :martini:

For the folks that enjoy and read this thread, I figured, this might be a good place to do this...

It's been quite a while since I've done one but I think it's time for a boards sale again. I've been buying and upgrading a LOT since the last time I ran one. This time it will be strictly funny books. No premiums, pinbacks or toys just a ton of books. I have about 80-100 to post. All kinds, teenage, crime, horror, men in tights, giveaways, some Bakers, even a slabbed Church, Mile High book and other weirdness. 

I hate to "pimp" this but want to give everyone a little heads up just in case. I have quite a few books I've been asked about and that seem very popular right now. I'm not going to answer PMs about what specific books nor will I make any "private deals" on the side. I want to be fair to everybody. Just going to post 'em in no particular order and let 'em fly. As always, I probably won't be answering PMs while I am posting as to get 'em all up. So if you want anything hit the "I'll take it". I plan to start around 8:00 am (pacific time) tomorrow morning and will probably have to float over until Sunday as well. Should be fun.

comicpile_zpsdwzs9vyw.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
typo